1L NYC Law Dept Interview Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

1L NYC Law Dept Interview

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:31 pm

I'm a 1L at a lower T14 with a NYC Law Dept interview coming up. I assume it's a screening interview. Anyone have experience interviewing with them? What kinds of questions should I prepare for? Is the 1L program as competitive as the 2L process?

Thank you!

eerie_erie

Bronze

Re: 1L NYC Law Dept Interview

Post by eerie_erie » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:54 pm

Did you ask your career center if they have a list of people who've interned there before? Our school has these on file.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:00 am

eerie_erie wrote:Did you ask your career center if they have a list of people who've interned there before? Our school has these on file.
The school just made the interview schedule today and it's scheduled for Friday. Not sure whether I can get an appointment with the career center or contact a willing upperclassman in time. Will check it out though. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:53 pm

I go to a mid T14. Last year they gave out rejections very quickly. I do not know anyone who got a second round interview and one person who had all A's and got rejected. The number of OCI slots is deceiving. They will fill their class with almost exclusively 2Ls that they got through Fall OCI. This spring OCI is more advertisement for you to apply in the Summer/Fall.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I go to a mid T14. Last year they gave out rejections very quickly. I do not know anyone who got a second round interview and one person who had all A's and got rejected. The number of OCI slots is deceiving. They will fill their class with almost exclusively 2Ls that they got through Fall OCI. This spring OCI is more advertisement for you to apply in the Summer/Fall.
I figured as much. Is the first round a standard behavioral interview? Anything in particular I should keep in mind or ask about? Thanks.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”