1L Grades

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
always_raining

1L Grades

Postby always_raining » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:15 pm

Is my school seriously behind getting grades back or is everyone still waiting? Im concerned that I'm being passed over for jobs because just as qualified candidates already have their grades. A few of the law firms I applied to say that they have now filled their positions. I have no grades to show yet, and probably won't until the end of the week. Normal?

Anonymous User

Re: 1L Grades

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:36 pm

Do you go to Y or H?

always_raining

Postby always_raining » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Do you go to Y or H?

No, otherwise I wouldn't be concerned (or as concerned). Strong regional school.

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:58 pm

A lot of people wind up waiting this long every year. In an ideal world you would have your grades sooner, but it's extremely common for things to trickle out and employers are used to it.

For that reason it's smart to get applications in before you get your grades, since who knows how long that wait could be (my 1L year my last grade came sometime into February...)

always_raining

Postby always_raining » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:03 pm

thesealocust wrote:A lot of people wind up waiting this long every year. In an ideal world you would have your grades sooner, but it's extremely common for things to trickle out and employers are used to it.

For that reason it's smart to get applications in before you get your grades, since who knows how long that wait could be (my 1L year my last grade came sometime into February...)

I already have all my apps in. Thanks though—I wasn't sure if other schools take so long or if my professors are sincerely indifferent.

Cade McNown

Postby Cade McNown » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:10 pm

You should just check your school's website for grade deadlines. For example, at UT, profs have until 5-weeks after the last day of finals. http://www.utexas.edu/law/sao/academics/gradedeadlines.html That means 1Ls are not guaranteed to have their grades until this Friday.

Return to “Legal Employment”