1L lacking grades for OCI

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

1L lacking grades for OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:10 pm

I'm in a situation where the OCI bidding deadline is early next week. Our grades deadline was last week, and one professor has not turned in grades. All of the other 1L sections have all of their grades. This professor is not likely to turn them in by the OCI deadline.

Our school has told us we cannot put in a GPA unless we have all the grades. How should I address this in my unofficial transcript while still appearing professional to employers who might know my professor and respect him/her? I really hate going in with such a disadvantage.

RodneyRuxin

Re: 1L lacking grades for OCI

Postby RodneyRuxin » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:22 pm

Are employers allowed to pre-screen?

If not, just submit a normal resume without grades, then give them an updated one at OCI.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:27 pm

OP here. Most employers require an unofficial transcript to bid for them, so yes, they do prescreen.

RodneyRuxin

Postby RodneyRuxin » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP here. Most employers require an unofficial transcript to bid for them, so yes, they do prescreen.

Just update the unofficial transcript.

You don't need to list LS GPA if they have a transcript and can see class by class. You're not at a disadvantage if something isn't your fault. Usually there's a spot for addtl comments; put a short sentence saying 1 grade isn't released yet.

If there's no spot, just relax because I'm sure you have classmates in that class and they will be in the same situation.

Uncle.Joe

Postby Uncle.Joe » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:34 pm

Talk to your career services.

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:59 pm

Employers know. Welcome to every year ever.

Return to “Legal Employment”