Chance at OCI this coming summer as a rising 3L (Aug. 2013)?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Chance at OCI this coming summer as a rising 3L (Aug. 2013)?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:47 pm

So, I'm at UCLA. I'm not exactly sure what our median is, but I think it's about 3.25, and 3.3 is about top 40%. The cutoff for virtually all Big Law jobs during first summer OCI was 3.3. After first year, I had a 3.28, and, as such, I basically struck out at OCI. Magically, my grades have been getting better (indeed, my second semester was much better than my first, and this last semester was even better). I just got my grades and it looks like I got a 4.0 last semester, raising my GPA to 3.43 ish. I don't expect to get striaght A's this semester, but I expect to do well enough to raise the GPA to around 3.5. As a rising 3L, will that be enough to at least get some call backs at Big Law firms that interview rising 3L's? Do tell, wise sages.

Anonymous User

Re: Chance at OCI this coming summer as a rising 3L (Aug. 2013)?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:52 pm

Don't rely on just OCI because there are a scant few there to interview 3Ls. Hustle and look for opportunities through your connections.

Anonymous User

Re: Chance at OCI this coming summer as a rising 3L (Aug. 2013)?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:32 pm

Return to “Legal Employment”