Skype Interview

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
nys

Skype Interview

Postby nys » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:54 pm

Is it unusual for a firm to do an interview by Skype? I don't have a webcam on my computer and I'm wondering if I should bother buying one.

eerie_erie

Re: Skype Interview

Postby eerie_erie » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:56 pm

You should definitely be able to see your interviewer on Skype. It isn't unusual for international offices, if that is where you are implying. As for buying a webcam, you could do that or just borrow someone's computer/webcam for the day.

nys

Postby nys » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:06 pm

eerie_erie wrote:You should definitely be able to see your interviewer on Skype. It isn't unusual for international offices, if that is where you are implying. As for buying a webcam, you could do that or just borrow someone's computer/webcam for the day.

Its not for international offices, I'm thinking more for East Coast areas where I'm from (at school in Midwest)

stewie27

Postby stewie27 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:12 pm

It's not unusual. I've done a few before- not really a fan though. I recommend practicing first if you can, so you get used to looking in the camera and not at the other person's picture.
Your career services office or library can probably assist you with setting it up.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:31 pm

done plenty and gotten callbacks from them. you may be able to arrange with your career office to do it at school. they typically have great setups.

Return to “Legal Employment”