Where to work 1L summer

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Where to work 1L summer

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:30 pm

Hey everyone, just wanted to get your guys opinion about what I should do for my 1L summer. Currently have offer from a large, and fairly well known, public interest organization in Los Angeles and another offer from the New York State Attorney General Office (interning at one of the bureaus). Not sure where I want to practice but want to do corporate. Not sure if either of these will look better. Any opinions are appreciated.

kalvano

Re: Where to work 1L summer

Postby kalvano » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:14 pm

Flip a coin. 1L summer work is basically a check mark, and very few of the jobs will make a difference one way or the other. Where do you think you would be happiest?

ph14

Re: Where to work 1L summer

Postby ph14 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hey everyone, just wanted to get your guys opinion about what I should do for my 1L summer. Currently have offer from a large, and fairly well known, public interest organization in Los Angeles and another offer from the New York State Attorney General Office (interning at one of the bureaus). Not sure where I want to practice but want to do corporate. Not sure if either of these will look better. Any opinions are appreciated.

Where do you want to work your 2L summer? Work there.

Return to “Legal Employment”