FDIC Summer Internship

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

FDIC Summer Internship

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:46 pm

Does anyone have past experience with interning with the FDIC's legal office? I have a connection with them and was wondering how you liked the experience and what you think helped you in obtaining the internship.

Anonymous User

Re: FDIC Summer Internship

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone have past experience with interning with the FDIC's legal office? I have a connection with them and was wondering how you liked the experience and what you think helped you in obtaining the internship.

I interned there during the school year. I really enjoyed it and it definitely helped me get my permanent job elsewhere. An interest in financial law is a good start. An appreciation that banking is in Title 12 and securities are in Title 15 of the US Code will go a long way to distinguishing those with a generic interest in finance. Also, an understanding that the FDIC has three roles (regulator, insurer, receiver) and isn't just a bank closer or the guy who posts those little signs in banks is important.

Jimbola

Re: FDIC Summer Internship

Postby Jimbola » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:52 pm

Thanks for the tips!

Return to “Legal Employment”