salaries at top asian law firms?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

salaries at top asian law firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:12 pm

I got an interview with an Asian law firm(one which has over 1,000 lawyers and many overseas offices) that has office in New York and I can't find any salary information online so I am wondering if anyone know what their pay scale would be like?

Thank you all in advance!

Anonymous User

Re: salaries at top asian law firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:40 pm

By Asian do you think law firms headquartered in Asia?

It is hard to know what the pay scale is in that case. You will have to ask about it eventually. It might also depend on location. If it is going to be Asia, you can expect competitive local salary (definitely not NY scale though).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:02 am

OP here,
yes the firm is based in Asia but I'm interviewing for their office in New York City.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:58 am

If it's King & Wood NYC that you are talking about, I know they def pay below market salary. But this is something you will have to ask during the interview.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:19 am

OP here,

I am thinking about asking only if I get the job, do you thin that's a good idea?
Also as for King & Woods can you tell me more specifically how below market it is? Thank you so much!

Return to “Legal Employment”