What employer DOESN'T drug test?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
suralin
better than you

Re: What employer DOESN'T drug test?

Postby suralin » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:08 pm

too16 wrote:"supported", past tense. Great attempt at drawing an analogy though. Argue with science all you want, my point was defeating the myth that recreational smoking causes immense harm to the body and that the legal profession doesn't have a serious problem with substance abuse, as it does. And to FeelTheHeat, you don't have to be a liberal (which I presume you were trying to spell when you typed "libtard") to agree that there is some medicinal value to marijuana. And never in my post did I object to the current federal laws, fyi. This board isn't the place to offend people with your distasteful and insensitive language. Lastly, I really hope that some of you could learn to express your opinions without resulting to insults, but I do understand that for some the internet is the only place where you can display such bravado. Lets try to let this thread be about responding to the OP's question and not about throwing insults and lambasting those whose political ideologies may differ from our own. I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday.

Maybe there's some Inception-style shit going on... but probably not. :lol:

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:30 pm

:roll: at this thread.

I know DOJ makes you get drug tested, even for summer. Generally, clerkships and law firms do not, but you will obviously want to check the policy before accepting an offer.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:33 pm

Jessuf wrote::roll: at this thread.

I know DOJ makes you get drug tested, even for summer. Generally, clerkships and law firms do not, but you will obviously want to check the policy before accepting an offer.

Or just refrain long enough to pass the damn test

atcushman

Postby atcushman » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:00 pm

Suralin wrote:
too16 wrote:"supported", past tense.

so you used to support slavery? what made you change your mind

also my 8th grade pe teacher said weed makes your penis smaller

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:54 pm

This is not true for summer positions. I spent my 1L summer at doj and wasnt tested

SMU2013

Postby SMU2013 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:11 pm

I plan to have my clients pay me exclusively in marijuana.

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

This is not true for summer positions. I spent my 1L summer at doj and wasnt tested

It must depend on the division because I was drug tested.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:39 pm

I worked for the USAO for a semester and did not test.

Shammis

Postby Shammis » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:16 pm

This thread made me smile. Firms overwhelmingly do not test. Some might, but I've yet to hear about it. Even better, entertainment/media companies encourage it lol.

clone22

Postby clone22 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:36 pm

There's a reason why weed is also called "devil's lettuce." I mean it's right there in the name, the devil made it, so it can't be good for you. Science shows that marijuana is used primarily by jazz musicians and minorities who are trying to get our white women to have sex with them. It's true!

I quote:

"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the U.S., and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing, result from marijuana usage. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others."

"The primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races."

"Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men."

"Colored students at the University of Minnesota partying with (white) female students, smoking [marijuana] and getting their sympathy with stories of racial persecution. Result: pregnancy."

"Two Negroes took a girl 14 years old and kept her for two days under the influence of hemp. Upon recovery she was found to be suffering from syphilis."

"In at least two dozen comparatively recent cases of murder or degenerate sex attacks, marijuana proved to be a contributing cause."

Brought to you by Harry J. Anslinger

http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2012/03/wo ... xual_p.php

suralin
better than you

Postby suralin » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:50 pm

clone22 wrote:There's a reason why weed is also called "devil's lettuce." I mean it's right there in the name, the devil made it, so it can't be good for you. Science shows that marijuana is used primarily by jazz musicians and minorities who are trying to get our white women to have sex with them. It's true!

I quote:

"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the U.S., and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing, result from marijuana usage. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others."

"The primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races."

"Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men."

"Colored students at the University of Minnesota partying with (white) female students, smoking [marijuana] and getting their sympathy with stories of racial persecution. Result: pregnancy."

"Two Negroes took a girl 14 years old and kept her for two days under the influence of hemp. Upon recovery she was found to be suffering from syphilis."

"In at least two dozen comparatively recent cases of murder or degenerate sex attacks, marijuana proved to be a contributing cause."

Brought to you by Harry J. Anslinger

http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2012/03/wo ... xual_p.php

TL;DR: Weed makes you rapey and lets non-white poors think they're better than they are.

LeDique

Postby LeDique » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:15 pm

Annnnnnd we're done here.

Postby 20160810 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:18 pm

I am consistently disappointed that people can't ask basic questions about drug testing on here without getting trolled.

That said, nothing is funnier to me than how pissed off people get when you mention that pot isn't harmless.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:56 pm

SBL wrote:I am consistently disappointed that people can't ask basic questions about drug testing on here without getting trolled.

That said, nothing is funnier to me than how pissed off people get when you mention that pot isn't harmless.

To be fair, it's not "Top Burger Flipper" forums. It's for people going into a professional job. The correct response is "stop fucking smoking pot until it's legal." Whether it should or shouldn't be legal is certainly debatable, but if you're planning on being a lawyer, it's kind of a stupid thing to do.

And what could be possibly be harmful about sucking the exhaust fumes from a burning plant into your lungs at very high temperatures?

suralin
better than you

Postby suralin » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:15 pm

kalvano wrote:
SBL wrote:I am consistently disappointed that people can't ask basic questions about drug testing on here without getting trolled.

To be fair, it's not "Top Burger Flipper" forums. It's for people going into a professional job. The correct response is "stop fucking smoking pot until it's legal." Whether it should or shouldn't be legal is certainly debatable, but if you're planning on being a lawyer, it's kind of a stupid thing to do.

And what could be possibly be harmful about sucking the exhaust fumes from a burning plant into your lungs at very high temperatures?

+1

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:39 pm

kalvano wrote:

To be fair, it would take at least two hands worth of fingers to count the number of drug dealers I know who wound up in law school, and I'd prefer not to do any kind of census of the drug abusers.

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:52 pm

generally edited for unnecessary intervention into flamage

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:59 pm

kalvano wrote:

That's why you gotta vape, brah.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:That's why you gotta vape, brah.

If this is what I think it is, then no, not really.
(brownies would be TCR, except that I'll pass either way)

too16

Postby too16 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:00 am

atcushman wrote:
Suralin wrote:
too16 wrote:"supported", past tense.

so you used to support slavery? what made you change your mind

also my 8th grade pe teacher said weed makes your penis smaller

I guess I've admitted to it. I didnt change my mind though, my original opinions were taken out of context; by absolutely everyone, including myself. And just think about how much better a country this would be if more men had smaller packages. I'm not sure what the correlation is there exactly, but I know one exists!

Return to “Legal Employment”