three months into the job and all i want to do is drink

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
perfecttender

three months into the job and all i want to do is drink

Postby perfecttender » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:32 am

I have been on the job for three months and all I want to do is drink. more specifically, all I want to do drink is with the new paralegal because she is really attractive.

Just a fair warning to those who want to work at a firm, especially corporate.

Gorki

Re: three months into the job and all i want to do is drink

Postby Gorki » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:34 am

Solid post man. Keep your head up.

exitoptions

Postby exitoptions » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:56 am

perfecttender wrote:I have been on the job for three months and all I want to do is drink. more specifically, all I want to do drink is with the new paralegal because she is really attractive.

I felt the same way at first. It still sucks after a year but you realize that you can only drink a couple a day and still function. Also you realize that para isn't that hot.

But buck up, you're the law school winner.

TooOld4This

Postby TooOld4This » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:16 am

exitoptions wrote:
perfecttender wrote:I have been on the job for three months and all I want to do is drink. more specifically, all I want to do drink is with the new paralegal because she is really attractive.

I felt the same way at first. It still sucks after a year but you realize that you can only drink a couple a day and still function. Also you realize that para isn't that hot.

You aren't in too bad shape then. It's when you can drink every day and still function that you start to realize how low you've gone. :D

kryptix

Postby kryptix » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:26 pm

TooOld4This wrote:
exitoptions wrote:

You aren't in too bad shape then. It's when you can drink every day and still function that you start to realize how low you've gone. :D

Working in Banking + Law School at night = trying to figure out how many you can drink a day and still remember what a 10b5 violation is for the exam... The number seems to increase as the years of law school progress...

dowu

Postby dowu » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:38 pm

kryptix wrote:
TooOld4This wrote:
exitoptions wrote:

Working in Banking + Law School at night = trying to figure out how many you can drink a day and still remember what a 10b5 violation is for the exam... The number seems to increase as the years of law school progress...

Sadly, this is the start of alcoholism.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:36 pm

nmop_apisdn wrote:Sadly, this is the start of alcoholism.

That's why I carry a hip flask around with some good 20+ year single malt scotch :)

That said, anyone notice how law schools have receptions that serve alcohol pretty much every night?

Return to “Legal Employment”