1L summer in Michigan federal district court

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
bowser

1L summer in Michigan federal district court

Postby bowser » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:27 pm

So I go to school in NYC and want to apply to apply to work 1L summer in federal district court in Michigan (hometown). The website says you need to contact chambers directly, and lists phone numbers. Not sure how to go about this. Any advice?

nevdash

Re: 1L summer in Michigan federal district court

Postby nevdash » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:13 pm

This is pretty complicated, so I'm going to break it down into individual steps:

1) Call the phone numbers listed.
2) Ask the the same question you asked here.

GMVarun

Postby GMVarun » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:14 am

I interned with a judge on the Eastern District of Michigan. Each courthouse has a website you can use to look up addresses for judges: --LinkRemoved-- and --LinkRemoved--. I mailed each judge a packet with my cover letter, resume, transcript, and writing sample (I don't think the transcript or writing sample are necessary, but I did anyway). Hope that helps.

bowser

Postby bowser » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:59 pm

Thanks. I asked because the process seems so much less streamlined than courts in NYC, and they didn't have a POC for summer interns.

Return to “Legal Employment”