1L Big Law SA interviews Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

1L Big Law SA interviews

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:01 pm

Recently received a call from a large law firm wanting to interview me over the holiday break (6 interviews and lunch). I am a 1L and dont have grades yet. Is this fairly normal? Do large law firms extend offers without 1L grades? To me this seems like a call back without the OCI screening interview... thoughts/comments/advice appreciated.

Platinum

Re: 1L Big Law SA interviews

Post by 2014 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:23 pm

Basically is a callback but they will more than likely wait to make a decision until grades come back. They just interview now because it is convenient for us.

Apparently come summer when we mass mail again the common practice is straight to callback if they like your resume, so yeah it's common.

thesealocust

Platinum

Re: 1L Big Law SA interviews

Post by thesealocust » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:28 pm

When you apply for jobs outside of OCI, it's fairly standard to do a callback-like interview without any kind of screening interview.

As for whether or not you can get the job without grades, it's absolutely possible. They'll also probably ask for your grades and might just not make a decision until you send them.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”