Quick Writing Sample Question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
kalvano

Quick Writing Sample Question

Postby kalvano » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:10 am

If a judge wants a writing sample of a specific length, and mine are generally shorter, better to combine two memos or go with one sample that's not quite as good?

jkay

Re: Quick Writing Sample Question

Postby jkay » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:58 pm

Your question is confusing. It's better to have it be shorter than requested and better than the max length and shit.

anon168

Postby anon168 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:22 am

kalvano wrote:If a judge wants a writing sample of a specific length, and mine are generally shorter, better to combine two memos or go with one sample that's not quite as good?

Based on how you wrote this question, I would suggest submitting a writing sample someone else wrote.

omg clay aiken !

Postby omg clay aiken ! » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:18 am

anon168 wrote:
kalvano wrote:If a judge wants a writing sample of a specific length, and mine are generally shorter, better to combine two memos or go with one sample that's not quite as good?

Based on how you wrote this question, I would suggest submitting a writing sample written by someone else wrote.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:30 am

I'm not sure what's unclear about what I wrote. If a judge wants a writing sample of a specific length and my samples are shorter than that, should I combine two memos to make one longer sample or should I find a longer, but not quite as good, sample?

Return to “Legal Employment”