School year employment Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

School year employment

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:17 pm

Does anybody have any idea where to look for remote employment during the school year? My school is in the middle of nowhere so there's not much work around here and I'd like to hopefully find something that pays a little more than a <$10 RA position. Thanks for any ideas.

needajob

New

Re: School year employment

Post by needajob » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:27 pm

This is OP -- didn't mean to make this anonymous.
Anonymous User wrote:Does anybody have any idea where to look for remote employment during the school year? My school is in the middle of nowhere so there's not much work around here and I'd like to hopefully find something that pays a little more than a <$10 RA position. Thanks for any ideas.

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:18 pm

I don't think there are many legal jobs out there for law students working remotely. It's pretty rare to get one even if you're in the same city as the firm you would be working with.

Gorki

Silver

Post by Gorki » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:Does anybody have any idea where to look for remote employment during the school year? My school is in the middle of nowhere so there's not much work around here and I'd like to hopefully find something that pays a little more than a <$10 RA position. Thanks for any ideas.
Do symplicity, and use Martindale to hunt down attorneys nearby. I would also ask CSO to see where most grads in the area go. I have not had the pleasure of being able to work remotely, and can see that being something you hash out after the attorney knows they can trust you. Are you in the Dakotas?

pixystics

New

Post by pixystics » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:30 pm

I've see remote legal positions advertised on Craigslist, but I'm in a major city. I would suggest checking the Craigslist legal job listings for a major city.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:57 pm

Remote employment basically means data entry.. you can find these positions in your local classifieds.

timbs4339

Gold

Post by timbs4339 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:21 pm

Symplicity and hitting up local lawyers. You'll most likely be doing memos and other legal research as well as Bluebooking. I also had a remote job summarizing cases for a digest. Beware of the solo/small firm who wants your Wexis password.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”