Downward trend...

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Downward trend...

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:20 pm

Okay, without getting too into details, how screwed am I? First semester 1L year nearly 4.0, second semester 1L 3.5. (1L cumulative = 3.6-3.7 (top 10-15%)) Grade inflation is prevalent at my school. This semester, I have a feeling I may drop outside of the top 20%. I had an SA at a firm last summer and am locked in for next summer, though I have a strong feeling they will not hire anyone out of my class. It is a fairly small firm. I'm at a rural T3 school with a deadlock on the state in which I have strong ties. All aspirations at bigger firms are pretty much gone at this point. I'm just hoping to get any type of employment. Is there any possibility of explaining this to employers? I still have sometime to make it up, but am limited as we obviously apply before graduation. Thanks.

(anon. not to out myself with any classmates)

Re: Downward trend...

Postby Uncle.Joe » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:18 am

Isn't that just what happens at TTT's? A bunch of people flunk out first semester and many poor performers drop out after second semester, so the curve normalizes with a more competitive pool than started?

Return to “Legal Employment”