duval & stachenfeld recent grad interviews

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

duval & stachenfeld recent grad interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:59 pm

They're interviewing for ~6 new early start opportunity associates. I had a callback this week, and think it went well, but haven't heard anything yet. Anyone else?

Anonymous User

Re: duval & stachenfeld recent grad interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:31 pm

is this the firm that pays only 70k for opportunity associates and basically have them compete for spots for regular associate positions during the first two years?

sounds very brutal

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:is this the firm that pays only 70k for opportunity associates and basically have them compete for spots for regular associate positions during the first two years?

sounds very brutal

OP here...

Marginally more brutal than the usual big law arrangement; way less brutal than still having no full-time job 7 months after graduation.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:10 am

Hey OP;

How did you apply? Any idea if they might be accepting applications still? What was your application/interview process like?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:24 am

I sent an email cover letter and resume. They said they'd keep me on file, and apparently they did, because a month-or-so ago they invited me in for an interview. Interview process was pretty standard biglaw. First round I met with associates; second round an associate, and a few partners.

I'm not sure if they're still accepting applications, but it can't hurt to try. Even if they don't have room at the moment, it was cool to see that, when they said they'd keep me on file, they really meant it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:is this the firm that pays only 70k for opportunity associates and basically have them compete for spots for regular associate positions during the first two years?

sounds very brutal

except big law pays you 160k and better job security than these "opportunity associates"

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I sent an email cover letter and resume. They said they'd keep me on file, and apparently they did, because a month-or-so ago they invited me in for an interview. Interview process was pretty standard biglaw. First round I met with associates; second round an associate, and a few partners.

I'm not sure if they're still accepting applications, but it can't hurt to try. Even if they don't have room at the moment, it was cool to see that, when they said they'd keep me on file, they really meant it.

Hey OP: have you heard back from them?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:23 pm

Sure did. They didn't want me.

Return to “Legal Employment”