Fowler White & Boggs

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
bld2414

Fowler White & Boggs

Postby bld2414 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:54 pm

1L at T-6. From Florida and would like to go back. I'm looking for info on this firm.

Reputation?
Clients?
QOL?
Bonuses?
Summer program?
Offer rates?

Thanks.

Uncle.Joe

Re: Fowler White & Boggs

Postby Uncle.Joe » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:48 am

I'm fairly certain you have the internet. Firm website, nalp, vault and network to get a sense of them.

bld2414

Postby bld2414 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:53 am

Uncle.Joe wrote:I'm fairly certain you have the internet. Firm website, nalp, vault and network to get a sense of them.

Ouch. Thanks for the help, brother.

Does anyone else have an insight into the firm. Maybe some non-public info...

Uncle.Joe

Postby Uncle.Joe » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:44 am

Well I was being an ass and serious at the same time. Much of what you asked is publicly available. Also TLS is just not the best place to ask for information on a mid size FL based firm.

clone22

Postby clone22 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:46 am

75% offer rate. plan on hiring 6 2Ls this summer. their miserable pay schedule indicates a relatively shitty clientele

hth

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:56 am

Also at a T6, also from Florida. Didn't get an interview w/ Fowler White for either 1L or 2L SA. They tend to hire much more out of local schools. Your best bet as a T6 student is with satellites of national firms and the large Florida firms. Although these firms don't tend to hire many 1Ls.

Also, come 2L OCI, assume that you probably won't get a job in Florida. The market is just terrible. I know over a dozen people with strong ties to Florida who wanted to go back to Florida; they all struck out in Florida but found jobs at top firms in New York and DC and Chicago.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:57 pm

Also from T-6.

I'll be at FWB this summer.

Lol at the clown talking trash about them. Only on TLS would you find someone talking trash about a firm that pays 100k to first years in a cheap COL state like Florida.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Also at a T6, also from Florida. Didn't get an interview w/ Fowler White for either 1L or 2L SA. They tend to hire much more out of local schools.

I noticed this too regardless of how strong the Florida ties are. They didn't go to my school's OCI, of course, and were not responsive via mass mailing.

I do have friends from local T2/T3s who were hired by them, though. I have noticed a strong preference for local school students at all of the Florida non-vault firms, though.

I did some pro bono work over the summer with some of their attorneys in Tampa, and they were all nice.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Also from T-6.

I'll be at FWB this summer.

Lol at the clown talking trash about them. Only on TLS would you find someone talking trash about a firm that pays 100k to first years in a cheap COL state like Florida.

No, you'll find it all over the legal community. TLS just makes the trash-talking searchable.

Return to “Legal Employment”