2L Call HR again? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
exercisebrain

New

2L Call HR again?

Post by exercisebrain » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:37 pm

I had a phone interview and call back 2 weeks ago at a company. The day after my call back, I received an email asking if they can do a background check.

Early this morning, I received a call from HR asking me to call HR back. I did, but got voicemail and left a message.

Should I call again this afternoon, send an email, or call again tomorrow?

I'm a little nervous because you would think they would just call and leave a voicemail offering me the job. A month ago, a big firm called to reject me . . . What do you think? Is it a good sign if a company calls you?

In summary, 2 questions.

1. Should I call HR back again today or is there a better approach?
2. Is it generally a good sign if a company calls after a second interview?

Omerta

Bronze

Re: 2L Call HR again?

Post by Omerta » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:58 pm

It's useless to speculate about whether or not a call is an offer or not. However, I can say that I missed two calls from a partner at the firm that gave me an offer; he just left me voicemails telling me to call him back. When I did, he told me I got an offer.

If you want, give them a call again but don't leave a message again. You gotta remember that firms/companies have more important things to do (even though employment is on the top of our minds). After all, it's just a background check.

exercisebrain

New

Re: 2L Call HR again?

Post by exercisebrain » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:26 pm

THANKS!!

Took your advice and called them again. I got the job!!!!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”