FBI Internships/Hiring Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
coldshoulder

Silver

FBI Internships/Hiring

Post by coldshoulder » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:40 am

Anyone have experience with FBI Honors Internships and/or with Special Agent hiring?

lawstudentabc123

New

Re: FBI Internships/Hiring

Post by lawstudentabc123 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:58 am

I know they've canceled the honors internship for at least the last two summers due to budget cuts. According to some alum I've spoken with, the honors program is (re:was) a good foot in the door to special agent hiring. Prricipationin the honors program would waive your two year work experience requirement.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:06 am

They haven't run the Honors program during my time in law school, which is unfortunately. I did go through the internship interview process, and got an offer to intern with them, as a law student. I ended up turning it down, because from what I can tell although even the volunteer intern process is a good foot in the door for their professional staff (e.g. non-special agents), it doesn't help all that much in getting hired as an agent (it's one of those tie-breaking softs, once you've made it past several rounds of cuts) and their counsel's office doesn't appear to take entry-level hires at all (from what I can tell, they all lateral in from the private sector or other agencies).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:55 am

I did the interview process and was hired for it two years ago until they rescinded because of the budget cuts. Fairly easy way to score top secret clearance. Understood it had a fairly good shot of getting you into the agency after the program. Seemed like a lot of fun, but luckily I got a paid spot at another agency and withdrew during the period the FBI was calling it an unpaid position (I don't know if they actually went through and had unpaid summers or then canceled altogether).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”