Heard Back for 1L SA Position

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back for 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard from Big Tex firms for 1L sa position after office interview?

All of mine were grade requests. I've heard that some firms in Houston made offers w/o grades.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back for 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard from Big Tex firms for 1L sa position after office interview?

All of mine were grade requests. I've heard that some firms in Houston made offers w/o grades.


All mine have been grade requests. Have you heard of a firm giving offers pre grades this year? It definitely happened in Houston last year

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back for 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard from Big Tex firms for 1L sa position after office interview?

All of mine were grade requests. I've heard that some firms in Houston made offers w/o grades.


All mine have been grade requests. Have you heard of a firm giving offers pre grades this year? It definitely happened in Houston last year

Houston appears to be doing it this year as well.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back for 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard from Big Tex firms for 1L sa position after office interview?

All of mine were grade requests. I've heard that some firms in Houston made offers w/o grades.


All mine have been grade requests. Have you heard of a firm giving offers pre grades this year? It definitely happened in Houston last year


At least 2 of the big 3 in Houston have made offers already.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back for 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard from Big Tex firms for 1L sa position after office interview?

All of mine were grade requests. I've heard that some firms in Houston made offers w/o grades.


All mine have been grade requests. Have you heard of a firm giving offers pre grades this year? It definitely happened in Houston last year


At least 2 of the big 3 in Houston have made offers already.

I can confirm that all 3 have made offers already

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back for 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:51 pm

Anyone know how long FJ or VE took to give offers after callback if grades weren't out?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back for 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know how long FJ or VE took to give offers after callback if grades weren't out?

Less than a week

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back for 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:39 am

Had an interview at a Midwest secondary last week. Scary, but I think it went well. I told them I would give them my grades as soon as I got them.

I have 4 of my 5 grades in now, but the professor for the fifth class sent an email saying it could be another few weeks before I get the grade for the final class. Should I send the grades I have to the firm now (while I am fresh in their minds), or should I wait to send them until I receive the final grade (since they probably won't make a decision until they have my completed transcript anyway)?

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back for 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:08 pm

How long have people been seeing in between their interview and hearing back? Had a midwest biglaw CB a week ago now, and nothing but radio silence. Do they even bother contacting you if you get dinged?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back for 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How long have people been seeing in between their interview and hearing back? Had a midwest biglaw CB a week ago now, and nothing but radio silence. Do they even bother contacting you if you get dinged?

I had 4 between Dec 15th and Jan 4th and haven't heard a positive or negative peep from any.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back for 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:52 pm

Firm told me in december (27th) they wanted to interview me. We've been in contact. They still haven't set a date and just found out they offered someone else in my class. assume the worst?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back for 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How long have people been seeing in between their interview and hearing back? Had a midwest biglaw CB a week ago now, and nothing but radio silence. Do they even bother contacting you if you get dinged?

Also had two Midwest callbacks last week. They both said they'd tell me either way. Radio silence for both.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back for 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:32 pm

1L from HYS here. Had an interview request from a V50 firm about 2 weeks ago. A couple days before the interview, the hiring partner emails me saying that, for personal reasons, he has to leave the state and will be in contact with me for rescheduling the interview. He made sure to let me know that his firm is still interested in me and will let me know a new date as soon as possible.

It's been a little over a week since he's emailed me and I'm starting to get worried. Should I email the hiring partner? If so, what should I say?

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back for 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:53 pm

Interviewed with a midwest office of a v100 firm on Dec 27th and got an offer on the 7th without grades. I was shocked to hear back so soon, but they actually seemed really apologetic that it took that long to get back to me.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back for 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:17 pm

Any UT people heard back from BB Houston for interviews Friday?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back for 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Interviewed with a midwest office of a v100 firm on Dec 27th and got an offer on the 7th without grades. I was shocked to hear back so soon, but they actually seemed really apologetic that it took that long to get back to me.

Congrats! Do you mind saying market or state?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back for 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Interviewed with a midwest office of a v100 firm on Dec 27th and got an offer on the 7th without grades. I was shocked to hear back so soon, but they actually seemed really apologetic that it took that long to get back to me.

Congrats! Do you mind saying market or state?


Thanks! Ohio market that I kind of have ties to (never lived there but have some family and such).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back for 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:44 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Interviewed with a midwest office of a v100 firm on Dec 27th and got an offer on the 7th without grades. I was shocked to hear back so soon, but they actually seemed really apologetic that it took that long to get back to me.

Congrats! Do you mind saying market or state?


Thanks! Ohio market that I kind of have ties to (never lived there but have some family and such).

Great thanks for the info.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back for 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:14 pm

anybody hear from big law in Dallas after office interview? HYS here, and haven't heard back since I interviewed at LL Dallas in late Dec/early Jan.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back for 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:32 pm

When you have grades to send in do you send them to the recruiting person only or do you CC or email them separately to the hiring partner as well.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back for 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:When you have grades to send in do you send them to the recruiting person only or do you CC or email them separately to the hiring partner as well.

I just sent them to the recruiting contact. At callbacks, the hirin parter (sometimes all the interviewers) had the grades from the contact.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back for 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

Is there conventional wisdom about when to send in grades, as they come in or once all are in? I just got back my first grade and I am fairly pleased with it. I don't know for sure when the rest of my grades will come in, and I've already had a few SA interviews and several grades requests. Normally I would hold off on sending anything until all my grades were in, since I don't want to annoy anyone with too many emails.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back for 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:39 pm

It seems to be standard to notify firms that you have received an offer (at least, all the firms I interviewed with asked me to do so). Does the same standard apply to USAO? Or will it tip them off that you're not as committed to government work as they thought?

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Heard Back for 1L SA Position

Postby dingbat » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is there conventional wisdom about when to send in grades, as they come in or once all are in? I just got back my first grade and I am fairly pleased with it. I don't know for sure when the rest of my grades will come in, and I've already had a few SA interviews and several grades requests. Normally I would hold off on sending anything until all my grades were in, since I don't want to annoy anyone with too many emails.
I'm pretty sure you answered your own question

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Heard Back for 1L SA Position

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:29 pm

Got my first offer for 1L SA. Midwest. Feels good.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.