-

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
PuzzledJD

-

Postby PuzzledJD » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:35 pm

-
Last edited by PuzzledJD on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

worldtraveler

Re: Appealing a no-offer: Has anyone ever done this?

Postby worldtraveler » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:50 pm

Are you even allowed to intern at a firm for school credit? I thought there was a regulation that you can only get credit for working with judges, government, or non-profit type places.

I really think this is a bad idea. You don't even know if your medication was the reason for perceived poor performance. You also don't even know if it was your performance or something out of your control, like the firm's finances, that resulted in your no offer. For all you know you could divulge personal information to a firm that no-offered you because of money and just end up looking like a fool.

Did you do good enough work at the firm that someone would be a great reference for you? If anything, going forward with this crazy plan would just result in any would-be reference lowering their opinion of you.

PuzzledJD

Postby PuzzledJD » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:00 pm

All but one of the attorneys I worked for would gladly serve as references - I've spoken to several of them about this already. You make a lot of good points, so thank you.

zomginternets

Postby zomginternets » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:11 pm

If your no-offer was finance related, then it won't really matter whether you extern there during the semester--they won't have the money to hire you next year. If it was performance related, I honestly don't think they would "rehire" you during the semester, either for pay or for school credit--it's just too awkward to rehire someone after essentially firing them. I think for them to give you another chance for the reason you gave, you'd have to have built up a good reputation with them first, such that they think/know you are worth giving a second chance to; it doesn't sound like you have that there. Sorry to be harsh. I would focus your energy on getting a different job. Good luck.

Agent

Postby Agent » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:30 pm

I think this is a terrible idea.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:49 pm

zomginternets wrote:If your no-offer was finance related, then it won't really matter whether you extern there during the semester--they won't have the money to hire you next year. If it was performance related, I honestly don't think they would "rehire" you during the semester, either for pay or for school credit--it's just too awkward to rehire someone after essentially firing them. I think for them to give you another chance for the reason you gave, you'd have to have built up a good reputation with them first, such that they think/know you are worth giving a second chance to; it doesn't sound like you have that there. Sorry to be harsh. I would focus your energy on getting a different job. Good luck.

I agree with this. I think you missed the boat on this firm. Better to use those references to segue into another opportunity.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:14 am

Best thing you can do is accept and try to move past bro. Not only do I think they won't go for this, but I don't think it's good for you. Start looking for more jerbs bro.

PuzzledJD

Re: -

Postby PuzzledJD » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:18 am

Okay, that seems pretty unanimous then. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Return to “Legal Employment”