Indiana Legal Market

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
IndianaT14

Indiana Legal Market

Postby IndianaT14 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:28 pm

1L at an east coast T14 from the Indy area taking a break from studying

I was fortunate enough to get a 1L SA position at an Indy firm but I'm embarrassed to say I don't know too much about the Indy legal market. I realize the pay/hours will be a lot lower than NYC as will the prestige, but did some of the midwestern secondary markets weather ITE any better than Chicago/NYC?

I know firms like Bose McKinney, Barnes, and Ice Miller seem to be fairly stable but I haven't found much info on here as to the state of the Indy legal market.

fwiw, I would definitely be shooting for NYC biglaw next year, but it would be nice to have other markets open to me as well.

IndianaT14

Re: Indiana Legal Market

Postby IndianaT14 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:01 pm

Bump?? Anybody?

flcath

Re: Indiana Legal Market

Postby flcath » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:06 pm

Good for you, bro. What is your question though? You can find out about pay from NALP, and billable targets tend to vary from firm to firm within secondary markets, so you'll have to ask your firm.

I'd think the thing you'd want to be most apprised of is what it's like to actually live in Indy. Though--given my experience here at ND, where ppl who ended up in NYC biglaw didn't get any nibbles from the local firms--I would guess you're probably from the area?

Return to “Legal Employment”