2013 EJW Fellowships Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

2013 EJW Fellowships

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:49 pm

Anyone heard from EJW about 2013 fellowships? The website says they're going to start interviewing in November, but I haven't heard anything and don't see any threads on this site about EJW 2013. Curious to know whether anyone's been selected for an interview or whether they are just really behind!

Anonymous User

Re: 2013 EJW Fellowships

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:48 pm

I haven't heard from EJW yet, but I did hear that part of the reason why they are running behind their anticipated schedule might be because of hurricane Sandy (since a lot of the sponsors and EJW itself is on the East Coast). My advisor said that two students have been contacted for EJW interviews, so the process is moving, albeit very slowly.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:13 pm

I haven't heard anything, but I know a friend of mine has been interviewed.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I haven't heard anything, but I know a friend of mine has been interviewed.
Thanks, this is helpful! It's definitely making me nervous that I haven't heard anything yet... still holding out if only a few people have heard so far.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:19 pm

Re: feeling nervous now. I applied for EJW last year and I can tell you it's often a verrry long process so try not to get too stressed now. Every sponsoring org is on its own schedule, and offers can happen all the way till February. Just wanted to hopefully give you a reason to breathe a little easier for now!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:35 pm

Does anyone know if it's possible to call EJW and check on your status? Or do they not tell you?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Re: feeling nervous now. I applied for EJW last year and I can tell you it's often a verrry long process so try not to get too stressed now. Every sponsoring org is on its own schedule, and offers can happen all the way till February. Just wanted to hopefully give you a reason to breathe a little easier for now!
Thanks! I'm just starting to get worried that I haven't even been contacted for an interview. At what point should I assume I wasn't selected? Mid-December?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:55 pm

The website says that letters will go out to those not selected for interviews "by December." Anyone receive such letter yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:The website says that letters will go out to those not selected for interviews "by December." Anyone receive such letter yet?
Original poster here. I haven't gotten a rejection letter yet, but I also haven't been contacted for an interview. I don't think the rejection letters will go out for at least another week or two. I've heard EJW is really slow, but it sounds like people are already getting interviews. It's frustrating not to know, either way.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:56 pm

I went through the EJW process last year (my project didn't get picked, but it also didn't ever get rejected, if that makes sense). As I recall it, I got an email once a month letting me know that I was still in the running. No idea if they work on a similar timeline/system for rejection letters, but just thought that may be helpful info for someone out there!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I went through the EJW process last year (my project didn't get picked, but it also didn't ever get rejected, if that makes sense). As I recall it, I got an email once a month letting me know that I was still in the running. No idea if they work on a similar timeline/system for rejection letters, but just thought that may be helpful info for someone out there!

Thanks for taking the time to let us know! Their website is not helpful at all, so any information you can provide is great. So you never got a rejection letter? And when did they start sending you emails to let you know you were still in the running?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:37 pm

Just a heads up: I got an email today stating that their "selection process is underway and will continue throughout the months of December and January. If you are recieving this email, you are still in the running."

anon2013

New

Post by anon2013 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:48 pm

I received that same email yesterday. Did anyone who applied not receive that message? Anyone know more or less what percentage of applicants who pass the first round of cuts get fellowships?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:34 pm

anon2013 wrote:I received that same email yesterday. Did anyone who applied not receive that message? Anyone know more or less what percentage of applicants who pass the first round of cuts get fellowships?
same here

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:51 pm

Ugh, I got the same email. Yeah, the better question is whether everyone who applied gets that email (buying EJW time to make cuts later)... I feel like everyone who submitted an application who was decent probably gets this email. Am I wrong? According to another poster (who went through this last year), they keep sending you that email even if they don't ultimately select you.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:06 am

Anonymous User wrote:Ugh, I got the same email. Yeah, the better question is whether everyone who applied gets that email (buying EJW time to make cuts later)... I feel like everyone who submitted an application who was decent probably gets this email. Am I wrong? According to another poster (who went through this last year), they keep sending you that email even if they don't ultimately select you.
at least knowing that they cut some people would be helpful. ugh.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”