Suggestions for questions to ask at end of DA interview Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Suggestions for questions to ask at end of DA interview

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:37 am

Have an interview with a DA's office later today. I am terrible at thinking of questions to ask when the interviewer asks "any questions for me?"

Beyond questions specifically about office practice/ structure etc, any suggestions for general questions that are good to ask in interviews for prosecutor jobs? (entry-level perm, not summer)

NotMyRealName09

Silver

Re: Suggestions for questions to ask at end of DA interview

Post by NotMyRealName09 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:50 pm

This works for all interviews. Always ask something like, "so, what made you want to do X?" That one always worked for me because its not canned, it opens up the conversation for the interviewer to talk about him or herself - which people like to do - and ends up leading to a normal, natural conversation, which is the single most important thing to accomplish in an interview - have a normal conversation. .

Diamond

Re: Suggestions for questions to ask at end of DA interview

Post by 20160810 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:01 pm

I interviewed with one DA office in OCI and aksed my interviewer what he thought about legalizing pot. I didn't get the job. Probably don't ask that one. We had a good conversation about it though.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”