Prettyman/Bronx Defenders thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
sallymae

Prettyman/Bronx Defenders thread

Postby sallymae » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:36 pm

Hi -
I've applied to both the Prettyman Fellowship and to the Bronx Defenders criminal defense practice, and it's starting to look like I haven't landed an interview for either. Any one out there heard anything?

thanks!

Arbiter213

Re: Prettyman/Bronx Defenders thread

Postby Arbiter213 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:54 pm

sallymae wrote:Hi -
I've applied to both the Prettyman Fellowship and to the Bronx Defenders criminal defense practice, and it's starting to look like I haven't landed an interview for either. Any one out there heard anything?

thanks!

I know someone who accepted a position with the Bronx PD for this summer last week.

somethingclever

Postby somethingclever » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:59 pm

Sorry to break the news that Bronx had interviews week of and week before Thanksgiving. I and two others from my school had interviews but have not heard back from them yet as far as I know.

I also applied to Prettyman and have not heard a thing. I wasn't going to get worried until next week though. Anyone heard from them?

sallymae

Postby sallymae » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:07 pm

hi!

thanks for replying - I haven't yet heard from Prettyman either, although I did hear from Bx - the interview dates they threw out there were a little later than thanksgiving, though... maybe I'm a second tier candidate? who knows!

I'm going to call Prettyman today just to check in. I'll post the news here.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:57 pm

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I know of at least one person who had a Prettyman interview last week.

sallymae

Postby sallymae » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:05 pm

blech, yeah I just read some of the similar news on another thread. darn.... I guess the next question is whether you've heard of anyone who's gotten a rejection (hope springs eternal)?

somethingclever

Postby somethingclever » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:47 pm

It seems like Bronx is doing some more interviews. It's odd because they told all of us Thanksgiving interviews that they were talking this week (no interviews) and deciding "mid-december" so I imagine next week. Maybe we weren't making the cut and they want to interview more people?

Let us know what goes on at your interview. I want to work for them so badly there are no words. I'd love to know as soon as possible if I need to give up that dream because offers went out. So far seems like they are still deliberating.

sallymae

Postby sallymae » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:05 pm

yeah, so weird - it's funny, I was so excited to get an interview and then I got the news that they had already held interviews during/after thanksgiving and my first thought was "oh, I'm part of the second tier group" - it's all a mystery how they make these decisions.

out of curiosity, do you or others you know who got interviews have trial/stand up in court experience? I haven't done as well as I was hoping in the PD-application realm, and I'm curious as to what my resume is missing...

thanks :) and good luck! I actually mean that - I have faith that BX Def will pick the right people for the job, even if it's not me :/

Return to “Legal Employment”