Cook County SAO Round 1 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Cook County SAO Round 1

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 14, 2013 4:01 pm

I wonder if they're done making calls...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 14, 2013 4:09 pm

Any chance that person was a February Bar taker? I think those people are supposed to find out a week or so earlier than everyone else.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 14, 2013 4:21 pm

Maybe they're calling after the morning and afternoon calls.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 14, 2013 4:25 pm

I am trying to hang on to hope. It sounds like the person that received the call has strong ties to the office. there still is the WL. During my panel, my interviewer said that they hired everyone off the WL last year . . . Please post if you learn anything.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 14, 2013 4:34 pm

First, morning/afternoon call is irrelevant to when they place calls for offers. It's administrators who place the calls, and I've received calls for interviews walking back from court. Remember, each court call ends at a different time.

Second, the person who received the call was a february bar taker and while did not have what I would call strong ties to the office, did clerk there for a significant period of time, was a tremendously hard worker and a stand-out amongst clerks.

Finally, I just called my old boss, who told me that yes, offers are first made to February bar takers because they will be starting in July, and confirmed that letters are mailed to those who are either rejected or placed on the wait-list. I, as well, was told by my interviewer that last year, everyone was hired off the death-list

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 14, 2013 4:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:First, morning/afternoon call is irrelevant to when they place calls for offers. It's administrators who place the calls, and I've received calls for interviews walking back from court. Remember, each court call ends at a different time.

Second, the person who received the call was a february bar taker and while did not have what I would call strong ties to the office, did clerk there for a significant period of time, was a tremendously hard worker and a stand-out amongst clerks.

Finally, I just called my old boss, who told me that yes, offers are first made to February bar takers because they will be starting in July, and confirmed that letters are mailed to those who are either rejected or placed on the wait-list. I, as well, was told by my interviewer that last year, everyone was hired off the death-list
Thanks for the info! So, if we do not receive a call today there's still hope for us!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 14, 2013 4:40 pm

Thank you for getting more information about this. Thank you so much! You have given me hope. I congratulate the person that received a call. I am sure he/she is a tremendous candidate.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 14, 2013 4:41 pm

OK. Freakout averted. Sounds like calls only to February Bar takers today.

Bad news is it doesn't look good for calls for the rest of us anytime this week. I think February Bar calls are usually a week or so before July Bar calls.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 14, 2013 8:35 pm

I'm guessing they'll wait to hear back from the February bar takers so they know how many offers they can make to everyone else.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 15, 2013 4:37 pm

Have you guys checked your e-mails? I just got an e-mail with a letter telling me I'm on their Wait-List : ( I've heard that in the past years they've accepted everyone off their Wait-Lists though.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 15, 2013 5:35 pm

To the person who received the email: are you a February or July bar taker?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 15, 2013 5:46 pm

I'm a July bar taker. Has anyone else also received an e-mail? I haven't heard of any one getting an offer or a similar e-mail.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 15, 2013 5:50 pm

I haven't heard of anyone else receiving an email, or even an offer, for that matter. I'm a February taker and I haven't heard anything at all. Congrats on the wait list, though.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 15, 2013 5:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I haven't heard of anyone else receiving an email, or even an offer, for that matter. I'm a February taker and I haven't heard anything at all. Congrats on the wait list, though.
Thank you! Does anyone know if it's true that they tend to hire everyone off their Wait-List eventually? And if so, how late do they tend to hire? I think one of the reasons why I've heard back is that I'm an out-of-state student. Maybe they wanted to let me know so I know where I need to move to?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 15, 2013 6:23 pm

Congrats to the WL person. Did you receive a list email? Or was it just to your email address?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 15, 2013 6:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I haven't heard of anyone else receiving an email, or even an offer, for that matter. I'm a February taker and I haven't heard anything at all. Congrats on the wait list, though.
Thank you! Does anyone know if it's true that they tend to hire everyone off their Wait-List eventually? And if so, how late do they tend to hire? I think one of the reasons why I've heard back is that I'm an out-of-state student. Maybe they wanted to let me know so I know where I need to move to?
I believe the entire wait list from last year got hired - mostly in December. Congrats! It's a decent spot to be if you're willing to wait it out.

...but also, wtf? This is really messing with my head.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 15, 2013 6:33 pm

I think the rest of us are getting rejection letters. This is pretty disappointing. Congrats to the WL person and thanks for posting.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 15, 2013 6:43 pm

Everyone relax. We have not yet heard of one single July Bar taker getting an offer. Until I hear confirmation on that I'm unwilling to believe they've extended those offers already.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 15, 2013 6:44 pm

I think CCSAO is smart enough to BCC if they're going to send out a mass wait-list email.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 15, 2013 6:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Congrats to the WL person. Did you receive a list email? Or was it just to your email address?
I received an e-mail addressed directly to me. I did not e-mail them for a response or anything like that. I really think it's just because I am out-of-state. She also said that I will be getting the letter in the mail too, so maybe everyone else will get it in the mail. I don't know anyone who got an offer either.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 15, 2013 6:50 pm

Thanks for the information. I am also out of state but relatively close to Illinois. Thank you for the information and congratulations. The WL is a good spot to be!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 15, 2013 7:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Everyone relax. We have not yet heard of one single July Bar taker getting an offer. Until I hear confirmation on that I'm unwilling to believe they've extended those offers already.
I just don't think it makes sense to go the WL before extending July bar offers. By this point, they must have extended offers. Best Wishes.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 15, 2013 7:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Everyone relax. We have not yet heard of one single July Bar taker getting an offer. Until I hear confirmation on that I'm unwilling to believe they've extended those offers already.
I just don't think it makes sense to go the WL before extending July bar offers. By this point, they must have extended offers. Best Wishes.

Maybe not, though. Here's part of my e-mail: "While all decisions still have not been made, and knowing the time frame you are in, we ask that you please see the attached letter. The original has been placed in the mail."

It looks like they haven't made all their decisions, but for some reason they felt they needed to tell me now. Keep your head up everyone.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 15, 2013 7:40 pm

Thanks for posting WL person. Thanks for the positive words and congrats to you.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri May 17, 2013 9:40 pm

I just received an offer over the phone. I'm a July bar applicant, I'm from the mid-west, and I'm going to school in the south.

ETA: I accepted immediately.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”