Still waiting on a receipt reimbursement...

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Still waiting on a receipt reimbursement...

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:27 pm

...sent in on October 2. Sent an email 2 days ago asking about it with no response yet. NYC. This is a firm mentioned here as being one that is potentially imploding. Big Vault firm.

What should I do now? How long should I wait before sending another communication and what should the second one be? Phone? Email again?

OneMoreLawHopeful

Re: Still waiting on a receipt reimbursement...

Postby OneMoreLawHopeful » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:...sent in on October 2. Sent an email 2 days ago asking about it with no response yet. NYC. This is a firm mentioned here as being one that is potentially imploding. Big Vault firm.

What should I do now? How long should I wait before sending another communication and what should the second one be? Phone? Email again?

How big is the receipt?

If you paid for your own hotel room, that's one thing, but if this is for a $12 cab ride...

anon168

Postby anon168 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:...sent in on October 2. Sent an email 2 days ago asking about it with no response yet. NYC. This is a firm mentioned here as being one that is potentially imploding. Big Vault firm.

Have your CSO follow-up.

Ofta3184

Postby Ofta3184 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:59 pm

anon168 wrote:

Have your CSO follow-up.

You can do that?

Also, did anyone else feel a little bit of spite when they were sending in their reimbursement stuff after being rejected? haha

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:00 pm

NYC V10 took ~2 months to send me a reimbursement check. It'll get there.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:59 pm

It was like $120, so I would like it back. 2 months? Really? All my other checks came within about 3 weeks.

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:16 pm

Chill.

As much as it sucks that it's taking a long time, you will not get it faster by doing more than is reasonable (which you've already done - mailed it and followed up).

Anonymous Loser

Postby Anonymous Loser » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Sent an email 2 days ago asking about it with no response yet. NYC.

Has the office even re-opened after Sandy?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:12 am

I waited 7 weeks for three reimbursements, including one that was around $2k.* Ended up calling and emailing to follow up personally, with no response, until it showed up in the mail a couple days later. (NYC - V15s)
That was fun.
(*Since the question might come up, I scheduled 5 CBs on the same trip, and rolled it all into one reimbursement request.)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:52 am

Is this a W&C in NYC? By the way you describe it, it sounds like it. If so, I emailed them as well recently and they got right back to me and said it was going to go out in like a week or 2

shock259

Postby shock259 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:13 pm

This reminds me that I haven't gotten one from a V15 yet. Interview was on Sept 10.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:15 pm

Random comment:

I know a guy that had 10+ callbacks, he sent receipts for everything: shoe shines, dry-cleaning, haircuts, alcohol on plane, flight upgrades to first class, pay-per-view in room, room service, a mileage log to and from the airport and mileage spent "running errands" in preparation for callbacks, and, here's the kicker, he locked himself out of his apartment and had to call a locksmith when he returned from a callback, the locksmith charged 100 bucks and he sent the bill to the firm. For every firm he dinged or turned down, they all reimbursed 100% no questions asked . . . even the locksmith. The firm he went with he just send a "normal" expense bill.

Kind of an asshole move but, really, if you aren't going to work there, why not just send every single receipt and see what happens? If they pay it they pay it. He lived like a king for three weeks and only ended up swallowing 1-day's-worth of extravagance costs.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:34 pm

I have 2 for travel that I forgot to send in. Should be $200 total. Is it too late to send these in. Callbacks were in sept.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have 2 for travel that I forgot to send in. Should be $200 total. Is it too late to send these in. Callbacks were in sept.

Might as well send it. You have nothing to lose.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have 2 for travel that I forgot to send in. Should be $200 total. Is it too late to send these in. Callbacks were in sept.

Apparently the time period is 90 days. I checked. I was super lazy about sending in my receipts; I just sent most of them last week.

Return to “Legal Employment”