2013 Presidential Management Fellows (PMF)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
augusta1985
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:15 pm

2013 Presidential Management Fellows (PMF)

Postby augusta1985 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:45 pm

The application for 2013 PMF is now active. Anyone taken this year's assessment? Any current PMFs on here that can shed some light on the program?

User avatar
jbarl1
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: 2013 Presidential Management Fellows (PMF)

Postby jbarl1 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:27 pm

Tagging this thread. Planning to complete the application sometime this weekend when I have a decent block of time to dedicate.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273121
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Presidential Management Fellows (PMF)

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:33 pm

can you close the assessment and come back or does it have to be done all at once?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273121
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Presidential Management Fellows (PMF)

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:can you close the assessment and come back or does it have to be done all at once?

You can close it and come back; you have unlimited time to complete it (as long as you do so before the deadline, of course). I took a look at it last night but realized I didn't have the brainpower/energy to actually do it then.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273121
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Presidential Management Fellows (PMF)

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:45 pm

The assessment appears to be the same "scenario-based reasoning" exam that was given last year.

arodtoo
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:42 am

Re: 2013 Presidential Management Fellows (PMF)

Postby arodtoo » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:51 pm

How long does the test take?

User avatar
jbarl1
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: 2013 Presidential Management Fellows (PMF)

Postby jbarl1 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:25 am

I finished the assessment yesterday. The two online portions took me about an hour total, while the essays took me about another hour.

arodtoo
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:42 am

Re: 2013 Presidential Management Fellows (PMF)

Postby arodtoo » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:01 pm

Do you have to complete it all at one time time? Or can you do some and then come back to it?

User avatar
jbarl1
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: 2013 Presidential Management Fellows (PMF)

Postby jbarl1 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:18 pm

You can do some and come back, but they recommend doing it all at once. It really isn't bad at all - it's not actually a "test" in that there aren't actually right answers. It's a personality assessment.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273121
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Presidential Management Fellows (PMF)

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:53 pm

jbarl1 wrote:You can do some and come back, but they recommend doing it all at once. It really isn't bad at all - it's not actually a "test" in that there aren't actually right answers. It's a personality assessment.


this just means that there are right answers but it's entirely unclear what they are.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273121
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Presidential Management Fellows (PMF)

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:16 pm

Does anyone know when they let people know if they have qualified for the in-person assessment?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273121
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Presidential Management Fellows (PMF)

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know when they let people know if they have qualified for the in-person assessment?

It's on their website: http://www.pmf.gov/becomeapmf/index.aspx, under Overview and Timeline:
Mid-December 2012 -
Applicants notified of eligibility
Semi-Finalists selected and notified
Semi-Finalists start scheduling their in-person assessment

Anonymous User
Posts: 273121
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Presidential Management Fellows (PMF)

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know when they let people know if they have qualified for the in-person assessment?

It's on their website: http://www.pmf.gov/becomeapmf/index.aspx, under Overview and Timeline:
Mid-December 2012 -
Applicants notified of eligibility
Semi-Finalists selected and notified
Semi-Finalists start scheduling their in-person assessment



Though this might get pushed back a little bit because the application date is now due on 11/26, instead of the 11/19.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273121
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Presidential Management Fellows (PMF)

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know when they let people know if they have qualified for the in-person assessment?

It's on their website: http://www.pmf.gov/becomeapmf/index.aspx, under Overview and Timeline:
Mid-December 2012 -
Applicants notified of eligibility
Semi-Finalists selected and notified
Semi-Finalists start scheduling their in-person assessment


Though this might get pushed back a little bit because the application date is now due on 11/26, instead of the 11/19.

Well, the deadline online has been updated to 11/26, so presumably they didn't feel the need to also change this part of the timeline. Plus, "mid-December" is pretty vague to start with...

dudders
Posts: 467
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: 2013 Presidential Management Fellows (PMF)

Postby dudders » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:49 pm

anyone heard anything yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273121
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Presidential Management Fellows (PMF)

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:59 pm

dudders wrote:anyone heard anything yet?


Nothing here yet. I thought I read somewhere that we receive an e-mail notifying us of the semi-finalists? I could be wrong though. In any event, I'm thinking more likely next week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273121
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Presidential Management Fellows (PMF)

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:44 pm

FWIW, my career services person told me that they move notoriously slow and that especially with the week extension, she wouldn't expect us to hear anything until Jan. at the earliest. But she has been wrong before, so who knows.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273121
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Presidential Management Fellows (PMF)

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:FWIW, my career services person told me that they move notoriously slow and that especially with the week extension, she wouldn't expect us to hear anything until Jan. at the earliest. But she has been wrong before, so who knows.


Just read on PMF's Facebook page that there were more than 10,000 applicants this year. Crazy. Probably will take until January.

xcountryjunkie
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: 2013 Presidential Management Fellows (PMF)

Postby xcountryjunkie » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:03 pm

10,000 is all? Last year there were ~9,000 while operating under the rule that only the most recent graduating class could apply. This year they opened it up from the last (one) year to the last three years, so I would have expected the number to rise by quite a bit more than that!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273121
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Presidential Management Fellows (PMF)

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:26 pm

From the FAQ:

Over the years, the PMF Program has seen an increase in the number of applicants. Over the past few years, the number of applicants has been approximately 9,000 annually, and the number of Finalists has been approximately 750. Historical data shows applicants have averaged a 1 in 10 chance of becoming a PMF; approximately 60% of Finalists obtain appointments as Fellows. Now with expanded eligibility from the Pathways Programs regulations, we project the number of applications to increase. Please note this is a highly competitive program.


Semifinalists #s last year was around 1200; 628 finalists.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273121
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Presidential Management Fellows (PMF)

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Has anyone heard anything? Less than an hour ago the PMF Facebook page posted the following:

"Drumroll please...the PMF Program Office will email all c/o 2013 PMF Applicants shortly regarding their status. Applicants must log-in to the PMF Application System using the link below to determine whether or not they were selected as a c/o 2013 PMF Semi-Finalist. Note: The Application System may require users to reset their password as a security precaution. Thanks for your interest in the PMF Program--we wish each of you the very best in your career endeavors. -PMF Program Office"

cookiebug
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:54 pm

Re: 2013 Presidential Management Fellows (PMF)

Postby cookiebug » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:02 pm

They changed the announcement on the facebook page to say people will be notified "this week."

Anonymous User
Posts: 273121
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Presidential Management Fellows (PMF)

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:06 pm

cookiebug wrote:They changed the announcement on the facebook page to say people will be notified "this week."


Ugh, yes. This is going to be a long week. Best of luck to everyone though!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273121
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Presidential Management Fellows (PMF)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:24 pm

Did anyone hear anything today?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273121
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 Presidential Management Fellows (PMF)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone hear anything today?


Not yet :(




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.