drop out now

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

drop out now

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:20 pm

so: I hate law school, and dont want to be a lawyer.
But, I dont have anything lined up for after this semester, and if I drop out now, Ill be half way done- and have nothign to show for it. Is it worthwhile to finish the program, forget taking the MPRE and the bar, and go find another career field- and use this summer to try to get a non legal summer internship? Or just drop and pray and have no backup plan

i put this anymously because i dont know if the JD will be a deterrance or maybe can be spun in my favor. right now i dont have a summer internship lined up, but i have had a few interviews and call backs. after these call backs, when i was home, and thinking about them- i dont think i want to take any of them if offered, hence its placement here.

northwood

Re: drop out now

Postby northwood » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:21 pm

how much money do you owe? id say stick it out- and dont do anything drastic until you have a concerte option inhand.

Agent

Postby Agent » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:29 pm

I'd decide based on the difference between (1) what I currently owe and (2) what I'd owe at graduation, plus opportunity costs for the next 1.5 years or so. Cannot provide further advice without more info about your situation. Personally, I'm not inclined to speculate much about the opportunity costs of not completing JD, but others will probably challenge me on that.

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:45 pm

Definitely.

See http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=175022

Return to “Legal Employment”