Child Dependency (CA)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
EasyModo

Child Dependency (CA)

Postby EasyModo » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:00 am

I'm currently interning in my county's minor's counsel office for dependency court, and I'd really like to find a job in this field once I graduate. I'm continuing next semester too, so I'll have the better part of year under my belt by the time I graduate.

My first problem is that I can't tell exactly how every country runs their dependency court and appoints counsel for minors and parents. Some are run by their PD's office or the court's website lists the private agency in charge, but most don't have a word anywhere. Is there any listing of all the county agencies in the state, or am I stuck poking around the dark corners of the internet? (The CS person who might know hasn't been available the last few weeks)

Am I crazy for wanting aiming for a pretty niche area right out of school? This really feels like what I was meant to do, but getting *a* job comes first.

NoleinNY

Re: Child Dependency (CA)

Postby NoleinNY » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:45 pm

EasyModo wrote:I'm currently interning in my county's minor's counsel office for dependency court, and I'd really like to find a job in this field once I graduate. I'm continuing next semester too, so I'll have the better part of year under my belt by the time I graduate.

My first problem is that I can't tell exactly how every country runs their dependency court and appoints counsel for minors and parents. Some are run by their PD's office or the court's website lists the private agency in charge, but most don't have a word anywhere. Is there any listing of all the county agencies in the state, or am I stuck poking around the dark corners of the internet? (The CS person who might know hasn't been available the last few weeks)

Am I crazy for wanting aiming for a pretty niche area right out of school? This really feels like what I was meant to do, but getting *a* job comes first.

Ask someone in your office that you have a good working relationship with what path they took and/or what the recruiting process is like.

Return to “Legal Employment”