Congressional Research Service

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Congressional Research Service

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:06 pm

I had a first round interview with the CRS, American Law Division a few weeks ago. I sent in all the requested information for a second-round interview, but haven't heard anything.

Has anyone heard about second round interviews? Or know when people may be contacted about second round interview?? Thanks!

ladeeda

Re: Congressional Research Service

Postby ladeeda » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:10 pm

They won't even look at the second application until after the December 1st deadline. They start doing callbacks in January and make offers in March. Yeah, it's ridiculous, but it's basically beyond the control of the American Law Division or its hiring committee.
Last edited by ladeeda on Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FattyMcFatFat

Postby FattyMcFatFat » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:19 pm

No information here, but if the competence of CRS recruiters is anything like that of its economic analysts, you should be in for a shit show.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:47 pm

Had an interview last weekend at the Equal Justice Works career fair, and was invited to apply for the second round, but wasn't told where to send it. I sent an email to the interviewer asking where I should send it, but I think it got caught up in post-Sandy email backlog. Are we supposed to send it to the generic Law Recruit email? Mail it in?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:20 pm

ladeeda wrote:They won't even look at the second application until after the December 1st deadline. They start doing callbacks in January and make offers in March. Yeah, it's ridiculous, but it's basically beyond the control of the American Law Division or its hiring committee.

FYI, at the callback they give you a list of ~5 areas of law and have you pick two of them for them to ask questions about. Don't panic if you don't know an answer because it's probably meant to be ambiguous. Just talk your way through it. Let them see your thought process and reasoning, etc etc.

Thanks. Good to know a general timeline and a little bit about any potential interview that may come my way. I appreciate it.
Anonymous User wrote:Had an interview last weekend at the Equal Justice Works career fair, and was invited to apply for the second round, but wasn't told where to send it. I sent an email to the interviewer asking where I should send it, but I think it got caught up in post-Sandy email backlog. Are we supposed to send it to the generic Law Recruit email? Mail it in?

You send it to that general email address. At least that's what my first round interviewer told me. Hope that helps.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:32 pm

I was just curious to see if anyone's received an update from CRS. I received a "we received your application" email when I submitted my formal application, but I have not heard anything since.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:14 pm

Nope, nothing yet. I'm thinking they'll start making interview decisions after New Years, but that is just a guess.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:53 pm

Does anyone have any updates on the 2nd round of interview callbacks?

Thanks

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:58 pm

Anybody heard anything?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:20 pm

I just got a call for a second interview - just thought I'd let you all know. Good luck!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:39 am

Does anyone know how many people they usually call back for a second interview/how many people they usually hire?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:24 pm

Are they done making callbacks? Has anyone else heard anything?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:39 pm

Does anyone have any updates?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:46 pm

I got a rejection letter in the mail about a month ago.

Return to “Legal Employment”