Air Force JAG Application/Interview and Facial Hair Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Air Force JAG Application/Interview and Facial Hair

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:11 pm

I'm about to send in my Air Force JAG application and was curious about having facial hair in the picture that I'm required to send. I had a full length passport photo taken about a year ago for an unrelated endeavor, and I have facial hair in it. The beard is trimmed and I'm wearing a suit, but I'm just curious if I should go have a new one taken without the facial hair.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm definitely going to shave for the interview, and I know that the military can be a little finicky about stuff like this.

megamanx

New

Re: Air Force JAG Application/Interview and Facial Hair

Post by megamanx » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:47 pm

You should definitely take a new picture. You can get a new picture printed at Wal Mart for like 6 bucks. Unless your trimmed beard satisfies the regulation for facial hair this could only make you look bad.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:07 pm

megamanx wrote:You should definitely take a new picture. You can get a new picture printed at Wal Mart for like 6 bucks. Unless your trimmed beard satisfies the regulation for facial hair this could only make you look bad.
Thanks sir. I knew I was going to have to do it, but I hate shaving my beard so much that I tried to convince myself that I didn't have to. Oh well, I suppose I'll have to walk around looking like a pre-pubescent chubby kid for a day.

rylo31

New

Post by rylo31 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:25 am

Last edited by rylo31 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RightWingConspiracy

New

Post by RightWingConspiracy » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:44 am

I have been in the Air Force for over nine years and I would highly recommend shaving with a razor blade to ensure you don't miss a spot or have stubble remaining. In addition, get yourself a clean military haircut. Air Force is more lax with hair than the other services so a high-and-tight is not necessary, but at least meet the regulations. Start reading the Air Force Instruction 36-2903, starting at page 17.

--LinkRemoved--

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”