Perkins Coie, opinions? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Perkins Coie, opinions?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:05 am

will be a SA in 2013. Comments on this firm? Positive and negative? I do not want to specify the office. Please and thank you!

Anonymous User

Re: Perkins Coie, opinions?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:24 am

It's my understanding that the LA office routinely takes two SAs and only gives one of them an offer. I hope you aren't working for that office.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:It's my understanding that the LA office routinely takes two SAs and only gives one of them an offer. I hope you aren't working for that office.
That sucks! I am not working in LA location. For the last few years, almost all summers got an offer.

de5igual

Silver

Post by de5igual » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:44 am

So if people tell you a lot of negative things, are you going to reject the offer and go with your other nonexistent options? If you're going to anonybrag, at least do it right and create a dilemma where you have another firm to compare it with.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:47 am

f0bolous wrote:So if people tell you a lot of negative things, are you going to reject the offer and go with your other nonexistent options? If you're going to anonybrag, at least do it right and create a dilemma where you have another firm to compare it with.
Right. There's nothing anyone can say that's going to help you prep for your summer in any way. Go get a drink or see a movie or something.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:08 pm

A friend of mine SA'd there this past summer. He/she had a fantastic time and got an offer.

Agent

Bronze

Post by Agent » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:20 am

Last edited by Agent on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:It's my understanding that the LA office routinely takes two SAs and only gives one of them an offer.
That appears to be true for 2011, but not for 2012 (planned to hire four SAs), 2010 (only hired one SA, a 1L), or 2009 (two out of two (LinkRemoved) prior SAs were offered and began work in 2010). I don't know the offer rates for sure, but "two SAs, one offer" does not appear to be the office's standard practice. And other Perkins offices appear to have far better offer rates than 50%.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:It's my understanding that the LA office routinely takes two SAs and only gives one of them an offer.
That appears to be true for 2011, but not for 2012 (planned to hire four SAs), 2010 (only hired one SA, a 1L), or 2009 (two out of two (LinkRemoved) prior SAs were offered and began work in 2010). I don't know the offer rates for sure, but "two SAs, one offer" does not appear to be the office's standard practice. And other Perkins offices appear to have far better offer rates than 50%.
Spoke with two hiring partners (large office) at Perkins yesterday. Direct quote: "It has been a long time since we did not extend an offer to a SA, definitely not within the last 2-3 years."

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”