1L Summer Job Search Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
novawife

New

Re: 1L Summer Job Search

Post by novawife » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:41 pm

accepted an offer and rejected an interview request. feels good! :P

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:50 pm

Is anyone here going to Houston this summer?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:27 am

Anyone going to Geneva (I know, random) this summer? Looking for a flatmate/friend :)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:09 am

So I interviewed with the NJ Attorney General's office back in late February, the interviewer said they were hoping to get offers out in 2 weeks or so. I haven't heard and it is now the end of March. This was my dream summer gig and I am starting to panic. Could it just be typical slow government or was I basically rejected.

Worth sending out an e-mail to the person I interviewed with to follow up?

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:So I interviewed with the NJ Attorney General's office back in late February, the interviewer said they were hoping to get offers out in 2 weeks or so. I haven't heard and it is now the end of March. This was my dream summer gig and I am starting to panic. Could it just be typical slow government or was I basically rejected.

Yes, follow up. It could totally be either slow government or a rejection, but you're justified in checking in.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

srfngdd6

Bronze

Post by srfngdd6 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:15 am

Anonymous User wrote:So I interviewed with the NJ Attorney General's office back in late February, the interviewer said they were hoping to get offers out in 2 weeks or so. I haven't heard and it is now the end of March. This was my dream summer gig and I am starting to panic. Could it just be typical slow government or was I basically rejected.

Which division?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:16 pm

srfngdd6 wrote:

Which division?
Division of Law.....why?

srfngdd6

Bronze

Post by srfngdd6 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
srfngdd6 wrote:

Which division?
Division of Law.....why?
Anecdotal but a few kids from my school working there next summer, they heard back pretty quick from their initial interview if I remember correctly

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:36 pm

srfngdd6 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
srfngdd6 wrote:

Which division?
Division of Law.....why?
Anecdotal but a few kids from my school working there next summer, they heard back pretty quick from their initial interview if I remember correctly
Was offered a position on the spot

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:04 pm

Was offered a position on the spot[/quote]

To srfngdd- thanks for the info, figured I didn't get a position due to the lapse in time, just seemed weird because the interview went well and my grades are pretty good. Pretty bummed because I sent out an e-mail to my interviewer and haven't heard back yet, so it seems like I was rejected.

To the second anonymous user, not sure if your being serious since the person I interviewed with didn't have the authority to offer positions on the spot, they were just conducting an interview to take notes to send off along with the rest of my stuff for review. Seems you may just be effing with me.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Was offered a position on the spot

To srfngdd- thanks for the info, figured I didn't get a position due to the lapse in time, just seemed weird because the interview went well and my grades are pretty good. Pretty bummed because I sent out an e-mail to my interviewer and haven't heard back yet, so it seems like I was rejected.

To the second anonymous user, not sure if your being serious since the person I interviewed with didn't have the authority to offer positions on the spot, they were just conducting an interview to take notes to send off along with the rest of my stuff for review. Seems you may just be effing with me.[/quote]

Sorry, not "effing" with you. Interviewed with the hiring director/deputy AG and he offered the position after the interview. I dont think it has much to do with grades, honestly, think it matters more for your commitment to public service and past experience in public service. FYI, my grades are only top 40%

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone going to Geneva (I know, random) this summer? Looking for a flatmate/friend :)
I'll be in Rome :) So no flatmate but certainly friend :)

Clemson772

New

Post by Clemson772 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:46 am

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mephistopheles

Gold

Post by mephistopheles » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:46 am

Clemson772 wrote:.

congratulations!

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:05 pm

mephistopheles wrote:

congratulations!
Dude is going around to just about every thread and tagging it with a period

mephistopheles

Gold

Post by mephistopheles » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:00 pm

AssumptionRequired wrote:
mephistopheles wrote:

congratulations!
Dude is going around to just about every thread and tagging it with a period

clever method of tagging.. it looks like he deleted a wrong post or tmi, but in reality he's just bookmarking without contributing.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:49 pm

Just had a totally random job offer. I kept on asking my professor hypos and stuff. Out of the blue, he asks me if I'm doing anything this summer, and then tells me he needs a research assistant.

Hey, it's a paid gig. I'll take it. Plus, I can do other things on top of it. 8)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:38 pm

Got a voice mail that I assume is an acceptance for a judge. I already accepted a different judge though, do I need to call back?

The voicemail breaks up so I'm not sure who the judge is and am not sure about the number to call either. Worth the trouble of figuring it out?

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Got a voice mail that I assume is an acceptance for a judge. I already accepted a different judge though, do I need to call back?

The voicemail breaks up so I'm not sure who the judge is and am not sure about the number to call either. Worth the trouble of figuring it out?
If it's not too hard I would.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:13 pm

Received a call earlier this week about interviewing for a judicial internship. Turned it down because I had already accepted a non-judicial internship elsewhere. Cannot help thinking I made a mistake... :|

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Received a call earlier this week about interviewing for a judicial internship. Turned it down because I had already accepted a non-judicial internship elsewhere. Cannot help thinking I made a mistake... :|
I'm sure whatever job you already have is perfectly fine.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

resilience99

Bronze

Post by resilience99 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:36 pm

tag

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:00 pm

Dany wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Received a call earlier this week about interviewing for a judicial internship. Turned it down because I had already accepted a non-judicial internship elsewhere. Cannot help thinking I made a mistake... :|
This. Judicial internships are neither special nor prestigious.

mephistopheles

Gold

Post by mephistopheles » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:27 pm

bk187 wrote:
Dany wrote:

what about art iii internships for 1Ls?

Blumpbeef

Gold

Post by Blumpbeef » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:04 pm

mephistopheles wrote:
bk187 wrote:
Dany wrote:

what about art iii internships for 1Ls?
Nooooobody cares

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”