Summer jobs at plaintiff's firms

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Summer jobs at plaintiff's firms

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:25 pm

Top 20% at fordham, secondary, struck out at OCI. I want to do litigation and my next best option is working at a mid sized plaintiffs firm (think Labaton, Wilson Elser, Milberg). Do these firms and firms like these hire summer clerks, and if yes, what would be the best way to approach getting a summer position?

Anonymous User

Re: Summer jobs at plaintiff's firms

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:25 pm

interested in this as well

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:29 pm

WIlson Elser does. I had an interview at Wilson Elser a little bit ago. Just sent the recruiting contact I found on their website an email. They said they were looking to take on 2 summers, with the full intent to hire them on after graduation, and pay them 17 bucks an hour during the summer (i think they start at 80k a year).

this was for their chicago office, but i imagine their NYC office has a summer program with a similar set up.

eta: i dont think wilson does plaintiffs work, right? during the interview, they kept asking if i would be ok working for a defense firm)

anon168

Postby anon168 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:WIlson Elser does. I had an interview at Wilson Elser a little bit ago. Just sent the recruiting contact I found on their website an email. They said they were looking to take on 2 summers, with the full intent to hire them on after graduation, and pay them 17 bucks an hour during the summer (i think they start at 80k a year).

this was for their chicago office, but i imagine their NYC office has a summer program with a similar set up.

eta: i dont think wilson does plaintiffs work, right? during the interview, they kept asking if i would be ok working for a defense firm)

Wilson Elser is not a plaintiff's firm.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:WIlson Elser does. I had an interview at Wilson Elser a little bit ago. Just sent the recruiting contact I found on their website an email. They said they were looking to take on 2 summers, with the full intent to hire them on after graduation, and pay them 17 bucks an hour during the summer (i think they start at 80k a year).

Where did you find the recruiting contact? Only thing I can find on the website is the managing partner for each office

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:11 am

anon168 wrote:

Wilson Elser is not a plaintiff's firm.

Correct! They are best known as an ID mill.

JusticeJackson

Postby JusticeJackson » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:18 am

Last edited by JusticeJackson on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:49 am

Anonymous User wrote:

Where did you find the recruiting contact? Only thing I can find on the website is the managing partner for each office

that is who i ended up emailing

Return to “Legal Employment”