Summer clerk chair won't respond after call

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Summer clerk chair won't respond after call

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:16 pm

Received a call from a mid-size SE firm on Monday, but I was in class and could not answer. The head of the summer clerk committee (one of the two people at my screener) said that it was regarding my interview and asked me to call her back. I called her back about 10 minutes later and left a message (5:00 on Monday). I still had not heard by 4 on Tuesday so I called her again and left another message. I still had not heard from her today so I sent her an email saying that I got the message, had been unable to reach her and asked for the best time to call her back (about noon today).

Does it normally take this long for people to call you back? If she's not returning my calls is this probably a rejection and not a callback? Anyone have a good idea as to how to get in contact with this person?

imchuckbass58

Re: Summer clerk chair won't respond after call

Postby imchuckbass58 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:34 pm

Chill out. Keep in mind this person has a full time job outside of recruiting and may be busy with a deal, motion, etc. You already have two or three messages in - just sit tight and wait for her to respond - it's no use to keep pestering her.

And yes, if someone is really busy, it can take more than two days for them to call you back.

noxhil

Postby noxhil » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:34 pm

You've done enough for now, I would wait until Monday before maybe calling the office again, though that time I might try the partner's administrative assistant instead.

Usually people don't waste time calling to reject. It sounds like you're probably going to get a CB, but you need to relax and not mess it up by looking as desperate as you are.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:38 pm

OP here. Thats what I was hoping, especially since shes an associate and doesn't have an AA to help her out. Thanks for the advice

Return to “Legal Employment”