Anyone still hiring SA's? Anything on anyone's simplicity?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Anyone still hiring SA's? Anything on anyone's simplicity?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:MoloLamken looking for 2010, 2011, 2012 grads.

HYS simplicity.

Clerkship preferred.

Seems like a really sweet gig. New firm, small firm, pays very well.

Maybe post on the 3L thread? We're looking for SAs.

Oh, that's interesting.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:35 am

Shutts & Bowen LLP is seeking two summer associates for its Miami office. Summer associates will be paired with a mentor, gain hands on experience in a full service law firm, and have the opportunity to learn about different areas of the law. Candidates must be in their second year of law school with strong academic credentials. The summer program offers paid positions for the 10 week period of June 3, 2013 – August 9, 2013.

Please submit cover letter and resume to Caroline Berger via email, summer@shutts.com. No phone calls please.

Hope that helps.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:53 pm

Reed Smith - Houston

Catch: they only want people from Texas law schools

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:16 pm

Bump

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:51 pm

2013 late OCI season hiring necro. Anything?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:59 pm

I hope to god that SA hiring is not over. I have three CBs I haven't been dinged from yet

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:05 pm

Mayer Brown (DC) IP SA: EE, CS, Physics or Math background is a requirement.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I hope to god that SA hiring is not over. I have three CBs I haven't been dinged from yet

This. I know plenty of firms still doing CBs. I just had a CB with a NY firm on Monday.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I hope to god that SA hiring is not over. I have three CBs I haven't been dinged from yet

This. I know plenty of firms still doing CBs. I just had a CB with a NY firm on Monday.

Me too. Also, does it every happen after a CB that you just never hear? I had two CBs more than a month ago. I followed up with both firms by email about two weeks ago and got no response. My fantasy is that I may be an alternative at both places.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Me too. Also, does it every happen after a CB that you just never hear? I had two CBs more than a month ago. I followed up with both firms by email about two weeks ago and got no response. My fantasy is that I may be an alternative at both places.

My guess is that they wait until their class is finalized to send all dings at once, but it's not looking great.

Speaking of not getting rejections, would it be totally inappropriate to write to a firm that you've screened with (at OCI) and heard nothing back for over a month, and say basically that you're still interested? Would it be inappropriate to mention other offers to make it come off less desperate? I'm very well aware that the irony of my question is that I should likely just be applying the answer I'm giving to anon above to it, but can't hurt to ask.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:25 pm

I haven't explicitly heard of CB's from anyone in my class who only recently started mass mailing, but I do know of at least 2 firms (1 DC, 1 NY) that have acknowledged mailers with a "Thanks, we'll take a look." So there's that.

I also know of some mid-tier firms—specifically, Olshan (NY)—that traditionally don't make decisions until late in the game so should also still be taking resumes.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

My guess is that they wait until their class is finalized to send all dings at once, but it's not looking great.

Speaking of not getting rejections, would it be totally inappropriate to write to a firm that you've screened with (at OCI) and heard nothing back for over a month, and say basically that you're still interested? Would it be inappropriate to mention other offers to make it come off less desperate? I'm very well aware that the irony of my question is that I should likely just be applying the answer I'm giving to anon above to it, but can't hurt to ask.

I'm the person above with two CBs and no word for a month. I did this from OCI and got no response. 1 big law firm interviewed 5 people at my school for OCI (including me) and no one has heard anything so I assume they just aren't hiring from my school.

Return to “Legal Employment”