Late Callbacks and thank yous

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Late Callbacks and thank yous

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:48 pm

Are thank you notes more important at this stage, given that there are less people coming in?

Had a cb on friday, too late to send now?

Anonymous User

Re: Late Callbacks and thank yous

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:38 pm

No one even wants to call me an idiot?

thegrayman

Postby thegrayman » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:02 pm

they're never important, none of the time

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:51 pm

I'm struggling with this too. Have a CB tomorrow and I'm not sure whether I should write a thank you note. I feel like if they want you, they'll give you the offer. And writing a thank you note just poses so many problems: who to write it to, the risk that others will wonder why they didn't get one, and the risk that the thank you note will come off as too "generic" are some of my concerns.

shock259

Postby shock259 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:08 pm

Literally a million threads on this. TLS consensus is that they don't matter. A few people say they do. Send them if you want, but be careful. Errors will hurt you.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:28 pm

In general, I think it depends on the location, size, and culture of the firm. Personally, I always sent thank you notes to every attorney I met with during a callback interview. Even if it doesn't make a difference as far as your employment goes, it does reflect well on you and your school.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:38 pm

I rarely write them, but for whatever reason I did recently for a job I really wanted. Then afterward I realized that I made a typo. Don't know if something like that would make or break me, but it can't help.

Return to “Legal Employment”