Callbacks at this Point Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Callbacks at this Point

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:41 pm

Curious I have had a couple callbacks recently and have 1 coming up. Does anyone have any insight into how these are different.

I assume firms are expecting close to a 1:1 yield at this point so are they still giving 28 days? More likely to give offer if you let them know that you will accept?

I know the TCR is who cares go in kill it and pray but I'm a law student so things like this eat at me, thanks

Anonymous User

Re: Callbacks at this Point

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:17 pm

I think the key thing is to realize that you might be dealing with very fast turnarounds. I recently had a phone interview with a V100 on a Thursday and was called on Friday to see if I could fly to D.C. for a call-back on Tuesday. I did and got an offer a week or so later.

Also, firms might be looking a little deeper into your resume at this point. I felt that, while the firm liked my credentials, they were asking themselves why I had not been offered somewhere else already. Some questions seemed directed at finding a dark hole in my past that they assumed existed.

Good Luck.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I think the key thing is to realize that you might be dealing with very fast turnarounds. I recently had a phone interview with a V100 on a Thursday and was called on Friday to see if I could fly to D.C. for a call-back on Tuesday. I did and got an offer a week or so later.

Also, firms might be looking a little deeper into your resume at this point. I felt that, while the firm liked my credentials, they were asking themselves why I had not been offered somewhere else already. Some questions seemed directed at finding a dark hole in my past that they assumed existed.

Good Luck.
Did it seem like your offer was good for full 28 days?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I think the key thing is to realize that you might be dealing with very fast turnarounds. I recently had a phone interview with a V100 on a Thursday and was called on Friday to see if I could fly to D.C. for a call-back on Tuesday. I did and got an offer a week or so later.

Good Luck.
Congrats on your offer!

How did you handle these tougher questions? I feel like it's a tough position to be in, because the firm might think others didn't offer you so there must be something wrong with you. I am in this position now, and nervous about what to expect.

PlessFightsFire

New

Post by PlessFightsFire » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:35 pm

Good Luck.
Would you mind pming me the firm wondering if we were up for the same one. Congrats!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Did it seem like your offer was good for full 28 days?
From my experience last year, yes, they are still good for 28 days (assuming the firm is a NALP firm). However, if you're still doing CB's at this point, you probably won't need 28 days to decide. Just contact firms you haven't heard from once you have an offer and withdraw from anywhere you wouldn't work at over where you get an offer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:41 pm

keg411 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did it seem like your offer was good for full 28 days?
From my experience last year, yes, they are still good for 28 days (assuming the firm is a NALP firm). However, if you're still doing CB's at this point, you probably won't need 28 days to decide. Just contact firms you haven't heard from once you have an offer and withdraw from anywhere you wouldn't work at over where you get an offer.
O for sure, I'm just curious. Given that likely firms are hiring for 1 or 2 spots I would think that they would want it filled and done with ASAP.

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:59 pm

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 3&t=195524

I'd be very wary of holding open offers at this stage.

PlessFightsFire

New

Post by PlessFightsFire » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:02 pm

Last edited by PlessFightsFire on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:06 pm

Given that the turnaroud will be quick, would you suggest sending thank you notes to partners after the interview? Or should we just go in and pray it works out without following up?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:20 pm

PlessFightsFire wrote:I kind of feel like its a different animal now tho right? Since they are likely not offering at historical ratios but offering to people who likely have none?

That being said I think its unlikely that you would hold anyway. Pretty sure I would accept on the phone.
Edited for [MOAR] anonymity. I am probably actually a special snowflake in the situation I just mentioned.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Given that the turnaroud will be quick, would you suggest sending thank you notes to partners after the interview? Or should we just go in and pray it works out without following up?
I go back and forth on thinking that this might help or danger of screwing up far outweighs here. FWIW I didn't do them my last one.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”