Callback Implicit Rejection? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Callback Implicit Rejection?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:28 am

I had a CB with a firm. I e-mailed thank yous to all my interviewers. One of the partners responded with "thanks for interest in firm x and good luck with the rest of the process." Is this an implicit rejection? This partner is not in the office that I'm interviewing for, but I am told he/she is important in the recruitment process. I know there's nothing I can do at this point, but kind of freaking out.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Callback Implicit Rejection?

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:49 am

No, that's not an implicit rejection. It's a generic pleasantry. Calm down.

thegrayman

Silver

Post by thegrayman » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:20 pm

I hate when interviewers say "good luck." I always take it as a kind of send off, like "hey, we aren't going to hire you, but maybe somebody else will." But, I got an offer from a firm after the partner I interviewed with said "good luck" after our interview, so it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:42 pm

You have to remember that the people you interview with just fill out an evaluation of you and then usually have no additional influence over the decision, unless they are also on the hiring committee. This is true of partners as well. So when they say, "good luck," that can easily mean, "I like you and hope that we hire you but can't control these things."

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”