Skadden DC

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Skadden DC

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:53 pm

Hello! Can anyone tell me anything about Skadden DC. Specifically:

1. Do they hire clerks (right out of law school) with any frequency?

2. Are they busy / looking for new entry level people?

3. What is the practice like there (esp. as to corporate work)?

Thanks so much!

Anonymous User

Re: Skadden DC

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Not sure what you're referring to when you ask if they hire "clerks (right out of law school)"? Are you inquiring if they hire JDs as law clerks for the firm? Or are you asking if they hire former judicial clerks who went straight to their clerkships straight after law school and did not summer at Skadden?

If you're asking about the latter, I have a friend who just finished her first year at Skadden DC after a year of art. III d. ct. clerking. She traded up after summering elsewhere as a 2L, so that is definitely possible.

She does litigation so I cannot speak to their corporate work or how busy they are, but FWIW she loves it there in the litigation department.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Not sure what you're referring to when you ask if they hire "clerks (right out of law school)"? Are you inquiring if they hire JDs as law clerks for the firm? Or are you asking if they hire former judicial clerks who went straight to their clerkships straight after law school and did not summer at Skadden?

If you're asking about the latter, I have a friend who just finished her first year at Skadden DC after a year of art. III d. ct. clerking. She traded up after summering elsewhere as a 2L, so that is definitely possible.

She does litigation so I cannot speak to their corporate work or how busy they are, but FWIW she loves it there in the litigation department.

Sorry about the confusion - I meant the latter (went straight from law school to judicial clerkship). Do you know when in the year your friend applied? Thank you for your helpful info!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Not sure what you're referring to when you ask if they hire "clerks (right out of law school)"? Are you inquiring if they hire JDs as law clerks for the firm? Or are you asking if they hire former judicial clerks who went straight to their clerkships straight after law school and did not summer at Skadden?

Sorry about the confusion - I meant the latter (went straight from law school to judicial clerkship). Do you know when in the year your friend applied? Thank you for your helpful info!

Just shot her an e-mail. Will let you know when she gets back to me.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Thank you so much! I truly appreciate it!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

First anon poster again - just wanted to see if anyone else had info on post-clerkship hiring (or any hiring, really) at Skadden DC.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Sorry about the confusion - I meant the latter (went straight from law school to judicial clerkship). Do you know when in the year your friend applied? Thank you for your helpful info!

First anon poster again - just wanted to see if anyone else had info on post-clerkship hiring (or any hiring, really) at Skadden DC.

A friend of mine, worked there as a 2L and has an offer but will be turning it down to go back to his 1L firm. So that should open up a spot.

Return to “Legal Employment”