chances of mid-law to big-law jump 3L Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

chances of mid-law to big-law jump 3L

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:05 pm

I have an offer for firm in secondary market. "Best" firm in the city. I won't be happy living in the market. I grew up there and it sucks.

How many people "move up" as 3Ls. Is that even a thing? I'm top-half at MVP.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: chances of mid-law to big-law jump 3L

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:12 pm

Same boat as you. Lower T14 transfer. Offer is "midlaw" though its really more biglaw in its market - pays market/has big regional clients. I think the chances are greater than you think but I'd love to hear from others.

thesealocust

Platinum

Re: chances of mid-law to big-law jump 3L

Post by thesealocust » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Definitely happens. With top-half grades at a T14 school it should be a possibility. Not many people try, so it's probably hard to say with specificity, but try to keep your grades up this year, do 3L OCI, and mass mail applications as well.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”