PI Job Application Package - Writing Sample

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

PI Job Application Package - Writing Sample

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:19 pm

I am applying for a litigation attorney position at P.I. organization and one of the application components is a policy writing sample. The only kind of writing sample I have that matches this description is a paper I wrote for one of those "Law and _________" type of classes. The paper is 25 pages long, double spaced.

Would it be inappropriate to provide this paper as a writing sample or should I try and trim it down?

anon168

Re: PI Job Application Package - Writing Sample

Postby anon168 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I am applying for a litigation attorney position at P.I. organization and one of the application components is a policy writing sample. The only kind of writing sample I have that matches this description is a paper I wrote for one of those "Law and _________" type of classes. The paper is 25 pages long, double spaced.

Would it be inappropriate to provide this paper as a writing sample or should I try and trim it down?

It's fine.

worldtraveler

Postby worldtraveler » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:52 pm

anon168 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I am applying for a litigation attorney position at P.I. organization and one of the application components is a policy writing sample. The only kind of writing sample I have that matches this description is a paper I wrote for one of those "Law and _________" type of classes. The paper is 25 pages long, double spaced.

It's fine.

Did they give you a page limit? Any kind of requirements?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:57 pm

No page limit, and no other requirements for the writing sample, just that it needed to be framed as a policy paper.

Return to “Legal Employment”