Does it help to call and follow up? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Raima

New

Does it help to call and follow up?

Post by Raima » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:29 am

When applying to a position through the school's career listings site (Symplicity), will it help at all to call two weeks after submitting my materials to check on the status of my application? I am wanting to do this just for peace of mind, but was wondering if there was any benefit (does it seem to reiterate interest in that firm, get your application looked at again, etc.)?

Anonymous User

Re: Does it help to call and follow up?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:09 pm

Can't really hurt, resume drops in my experience suck hard tho

Sheffield

Bronze

Post by Sheffield » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:25 pm

The only reason I can think of to call: You received an offer from another firm and were calling to check-in on your status before accepting. They will ask who the offer is from, and yes, you should provide the firm’s name.

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:28 pm

No - those positions tend to be for one or just a few slot and get dozens or hundreds of applications. They often don't even send rejections to people they don't bring in for interviews.

Still, you probably won't hurt your chances if you really want to call. But realistically it won't help, the firms have all the market power and expressing interest is more likely to bug an overworked recruiter than make them consider you more strongly.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”