Lateral job opportunities for junior associates?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
bzbzbz

Lateral job opportunities for junior associates?

Postby bzbzbz » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:06 pm

Anyone know of any large firms that are looking for a junior associate? Currently in large, top firm looking to lateral. Please let me know. Would prefer east coast but am agreeable to looking in other cities as well. I appreciate it.

aces

Re: Lateral job opportunities for junior associates?

Postby aces » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:22 pm

Not to be brusque, but if you're an attractive lateral candidate, headhunters should be calling you fairly regularly (albeit probably not with the types of lateral opportunities you'd optimally prefer). You should also reach out to headhunters if you're actively looking to lateral. Not sure TLS will be an asset in your search-- very, very few posters will know about their firm's hiring needs with any real reliability. Plus, you don't provide any information about practice area, geographic location you're in now, etc.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:16 pm

bzbzbz wrote:Anyone know of any large firms that are looking for a junior associate? Currently in large, top firm looking to lateral. Please let me know. Would prefer east coast but am agreeable to looking in other cities as well. I appreciate it.

Uhhh... If you are what you say you are, all you need to do is respond to the many headhunter emails or answer the many headhunter phone calls you're getting. I'm a junior at a top firm and I get at least five a week.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:20 pm

Why do you not care where you're going? Why don't you just reach out to the recruiters at the firm where you want to be?

ryanmot

Postby ryanmot » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:46 am

This has to be a flame. No preference but "east coast"..

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:39 am

Actually, I'm curious how this works. I don't know much about the process.

Return to “Legal Employment”