CCN Callback-Offer-Accept spreadsheet

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
ryanmot

CCN Callback-Offer-Accept spreadsheet

Postby ryanmot » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:31 pm

I saw a spreadsheet for a CCN school on here that listed all the numbers from last year. Was talking with a friend about some firms who interview there and can't find it now to show him. I can't find it using the search function now. Does anyone know where it is? Thanks. (I don't go to CCN).

ryanmot

Re: CCN Callback-Offer-Accept spreadsheet

Postby ryanmot » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:50 pm

apparentlynew wrote:http://www.law.columbia.edu/null/download?&exclusive=filemgr.download&file_id=611272

Thank you!

Renne Walker

Postby Renne Walker » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:57 pm

ryanmot wrote:
apparentlynew wrote:http://www.law.columbia.edu/null/download?&exclusive=filemgr.download&file_id=611272

Thank you!

Ditto

Edit: I forwarded this link to a friend and she noted that Pepper-Hamilton was not included. I just looked them up and they seem well qualified for this list.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:27 pm

Renne Walker wrote:
ryanmot wrote:

Thank you!

Ditto

Edit: I forwarded this link to a friend and she noted that Pepper-Hamilton was not included. I just looked them up and they seem well qualified for this list.

just in case anyone is confused - this is from columbia and is released by career services. So either they left PH off by mistake or they didn't do EIP at Columbia in 2011.

goodolgil

Postby goodolgil » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:22 pm

GT NY listed at 40 OCI interviews with zero callbacks? Can that be right?

EDIT: Says the same thing for Mayer Brown. Probably not right.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:59 pm

goodolgil wrote:

I did EIP at columbia that year. Granted this is anecdotal, but I never spoke to a single person who had a CB at Mayer Brown. And I'm pretty sure the number of CBs is reported to career services by the firm itself, so there isn't really a lot of reporting error (vs. telling career services which offer you accepted which is dependent on the student). I'm willing to bet a decent amount of money that this information is entirely accurate.

bhan87

Postby bhan87 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
goodolgil wrote:

I did EIP at columbia that year. Granted this is anecdotal, but I never spoke to a single person who had a CB at Mayer Brown. And I'm pretty sure the number of CBs is reported to career services by the firm itself, so there isn't really a lot of reporting error (vs. telling career services which offer you accepted which is dependent on the student). I'm willing to bet a decent amount of money that this information is entirely accurate.

Some firms choose not to report these numbers, which shows up at a 0. LOTS of people got called back to GT this year.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:36 am

bhan87 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
goodolgil wrote:

Some firms choose not to report these numbers, which shows up at a 0. LOTS of people got called back to GT this year.

This year maybe, but this chart is from 2011. So all those people you know going to GT won't be reported until next years chart.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:54 am

wonder where the dude(tte) who turned down WLRK went

rayiner

Postby rayiner » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:01 am

Anonymous User wrote:wonder where the dude(tte) who turned down WLRK went

Munger, W&C, Keker, Susman, etc?

ryanmot

Postby ryanmot » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:34 am

rayiner wrote:

Probably was the Williams & Connolly offer. I'd take them over WLRK.

bhan87

Postby bhan87 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:50 pm

ryanmot wrote:
rayiner wrote:

I think some people just don't want the WLRK lifestyle. I believe they accept 3-4 CLS students a year and routinely 1-2 of them turn the offer down.

I don't know where this study is, but I've heard that when you calculate the WLRK bonus over the average number of hours worked by associates there, you actually make the same $ / hour at DPW, S&C, and STB because WLRK associates work so many more hours.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:52 pm

bhan87 wrote:
ryanmot wrote:
rayiner wrote:

I think some people just don't want the WLRK lifestyle. I believe they accept 3-4 CLS students a year and routinely 1-2 of them turn the offer down.

I don't know where this study is, but I've heard that when you calculate the WLRK bonus over the average number of hours worked by associates there, you actually make the same $ / hour at DPW, S&C, and STB because WLRK associates work so many more hours.

It's not uncommon at all to turn down WLRK, at HLS at least. They were only 2/6 last year. And I know at least one person turned them down for one of the first two firms on the above list.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
goodolgil wrote:

I am sorry, but this is dumb. I am a Columbia student who did a CB and got an offer at Mayer Brown NY last year and I know of at least one other person who also received an offer. So... yeah...

Return to “Legal Employment”