Waitlisted

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Waitlisted

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:32 pm

i've been on a wait list for a while.. would it be appropriate to contact an interviewer i met with who is on the hiring committee? or should i restrict communications to HR?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Got off two waitlists today. One with which I didn't have any correspondence after the callback, the other with which I was in weekly contact. These things do happen, good luck all!

that's awesome! congrats! how long were you waitlisted? which market(s)?

NYC. The first was ~3 weeks, the second took a month.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:i've been on a wait list for a while.. would it be appropriate to contact an interviewer i met with who is on the hiring committee? or should i restrict communications to HR?

I kept a partner with whom I made a strong connection at the callback stage in the loop but was able to get better responses from recruiting.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:i've been on a wait list for a while.. would it be appropriate to contact an interviewer i met with who is on the hiring committee? or should i restrict communications to HR?

I kept a partner with whom I made a strong connection at the callback stage in the loop but was able to get better responses from recruiting.

i've reiterated my interest to HR a few times, but haven't heard a peep from them. obviously not a good sign, so i'm getting a little desperate :/

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

i've reiterated my interest to HR a few times, but haven't heard a peep from them. obviously not a good sign, so i'm getting a little desperate :/

Do you have offers and deadlines to bring up to them? I didn't start to get a response until my deadlines were drawing near.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Do you have offers and deadlines to bring up to them? I didn't start to get a response until my deadlines were drawing near.

Unfortunately, no. That's the main reason why I'm so desperate. I don't want them to know I'm desperate though. Perhaps it's best to wait it out.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:33 am

for me, the recruiter has been very responsive and has flat out told me they have offers out to others and can't extend one to me until they hear back on who is going to be accepting. i assume i'm high on the waitlist, but i REALLY need some people to turn down their offers...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:09 am

Anonymous User wrote:Also on a wait list.. 3 people from my school got a callback (including me) for a particular office with 10sh people. One of them got an offer two weeks ago this week, which was two weeks after my cb. At that point I sent a loic and they replied a couple days later saying they hoped to have an update for me the following week. I havent heard anything since then, but I found out the other guy with a cb from my school had gotten rejected in the week after my loic. Seeing as I didn't get a rejection email + the response to my loic it makes me feel I might be high on the waitlist. If I don't hear anything at the two week mark from my loic is it wise to send another loic saying I'd definitely take the offer?

update, got the offer today! NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Also on a wait list.. 3 people from my school got a callback (including me) for a particular office with 10sh people. One of them got an offer two weeks ago this week, which was two weeks after my cb. At that point I sent a loic and they replied a couple days later saying they hoped to have an update for me the following week. I havent heard anything since then, but I found out the other guy with a cb from my school had gotten rejected in the week after my loic. Seeing as I didn't get a rejection email + the response to my loic it makes me feel I might be high on the waitlist. If I don't hear anything at the two week mark from my loic is it wise to send another loic saying I'd definitely take the offer?

update, got the offer today! NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

CONGRATS! must feel so good...

when will it be mine turn? :|

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:00 pm

when you contact recruiting and mention another offer/deadline, do firms typically ask who the offer is from?

also, is it better to call or email to convey this information? calling seems like it could be a tad awkward given that you are essentially putting them on the spot..

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:54 pm

Are certain firms just unresponsive? Has any one else sent an email or left a message and been straight up ignored?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Are certain firms just unresponsive? Has any one else sent an email or left a message and been straight up ignored?

i had one cb 6+ weeks ago and emailed to get a status update a while back and still never heard anything... assuming im lost in some ding pile

Return to “Legal Employment”