Shearman & Sterling (NY) or Willkie (NY)? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Shearman & Sterling or Willkie

Shearman & Sterling (NY)
43%
Willkie (NY)
57%

Total votes: 56

Anonymous User

Shearman & Sterling (NY) or Willkie (NY)?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:30 pm

I'm deciding between these two firms. Are they close enough where I should go where I feel more comfortable, or does one have an edge over the other? I'm interested generally in corporate work, and I'm most concerned over quality of work, exit options, and overall pleasantness of working at each office. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Shearman & Sterling (NY) or Willkie (NY)?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:23 pm

Not OP. Interested to hear the rationale of the votes. Thanks all!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:54 pm

surprised by the lopsided result

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:12 pm

Anecdotally, I got an offer at S&S but didn't take it because I found the place a little depressing.

I have a friend who is a couple of years in at Willkie and he seems surprisingly happy with his life for a big law associate.

Might be totally unrepresentative but for that reason, if it was me choosing, I'd pick Willkie.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anecdotally, I got an offer at S&S but didn't take it because I found the place a little depressing.

I have a friend who is a couple of years in at Willkie and he seems surprisingly happy with his life for a big law associate.

Might be totally unrepresentative but for that reason, if it was me choosing, I'd pick Willkie.
OP here--thanks for the response. Anyone else have anecdotal info about either firm or reasons why this poll is so lopsided?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:17 pm

I had a callback at Willkie and from doing research and meeting people at the firm it seems that Willkie has a reputation for having a good culture and generally nice people who are good to work with. I don't know anything about Shearman. But based on my experience with Willkie that's probably why the lopsided result.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”