Wilmer DC Litigation Department & Leverage

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Wilmer DC Litigation Department & Leverage

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:33 am

I'm considering WilmerHale's DC office and like the firm a lot: great reputation, solid people, and the liberal-leaning revolving-door reputation is attractive to me. One of my only concerns is the high ratio of litigation associates to partners--almost five-to-one, which is higher than a lot of other top-tier D.C. firms. Does anyone have any basis for speaking to how this affects young Wilmer lit associates in terms of staffing, development, and advancement?

Anonymous User

Re: Wilmer DC Litigation Department & Leverage

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:01 pm

Out of curiosity, where are you getting these figures from?

I know that firm-wide WilmerHale has a pretty attractive Associate:Partner ratio (around 1.98 according to AmLaw 100) - so I am surprised that the DC litigation department (which has a very positive reputation) would have so much leverage.

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:30 pm

Per NALP: 34 partners, 154 "Associates or & Other Lawyers" for lit in DC.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:15 am

JusticeHarlan wrote:Per NALP: 34 partners, 154 "Associates or & Other Lawyers" for lit in DC.

Judging by the "demographics" section of NALP, more than 50 of the 154 are probably staff attorneys and counsel.

Return to “Legal Employment”