King & Spalding NY

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

King & Spalding NY

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:49 pm

Has anyone heard from them (positive/negative)? They recruited at my CCN's OCI but it seems like they have not given offers to anyone and are not responding to any emails (from multiple candidates). Anyone have an offer from them for summer 2013 and when did you hear back? It's been over a month since my friend's callback and over two weeks since they said he/she would hear.

Anonymous User

Re: King & Spalding NY

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:01 pm

CB was over a month ago. They sent me an email about a week ago saying to be patient, they are still analyzing candidates, etc. I sent a couple emails and left a VM saying I had offers that were about to expire and needed to hear back from them. Heard nothing. Gave up and took another offer.

Not sure what they are doing. But I don't know anyone that has heard anything from them (offer or ding).

Edit: this was DC btw.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:05 pm

CB like month and a half ago and a ding like 3 days ago. I didn't feel too bad bout being rejected there honestly. good luck

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:07 pm

I know CBs ended about 2 weeks ago for at least 1 practice group. Do you guys think yet just haven't given out offers yet or they just gave out so few that we haven't heard about them?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:CB like month and a half ago and a ding like 3 days ago. I didn't feel too bad bout being rejected there honestly. good luck

Sorry to hear that but good to hear you werent too affected by it. Mind sharing practice group? Was the ding by email or snail mail?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:32 pm

Houston office of K&S is doing the same thing. I really thought it was a great firm but how can I accept their offer if they really dont care about my impending deadlines and they wait a month+ after callback to make offers. Just very hard for candidates to accept.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Houston office of K&S is doing the same thing. I really thought it was a great firm but how can I accept their offer if they really dont care about my impending deadlines and they wait a month+ after callback to make offers. Just very hard for candidates to accept.

Did you get an offer from the Houston office? I haven't heard a peep since mine.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Houston office of K&S is doing the same thing. I really thought it was a great firm but how can I accept their offer if they really dont care about my impending deadlines and they wait a month+ after callback to make offers. Just very hard for candidates to accept.

Did you get an offer from the Houston office? I haven't heard a peep since mine.

No. But from what I understand no one did yet. They're still deciding.

EDIT: because it's anon, a classmate of mine who also interviewed there emailed them and they said they were still deciding and that was about it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

No. But from what I understand no one did yet. They're still deciding.

EDIT: because it's anon, a classmate of mine who also interviewed there emailed them and they said they were still deciding and that was about it.

I received an offer from K&S Atlanta this week. I went in for the callback a month ago. Apparently they only give out the number of offers they can hire and redistribute the offers if/when they are rejected.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:15 pm

Any news on DC callbacks? I had my callback over a month ago; total silence since. Anyone get an offer from their DC office?

breakinghigh

Postby breakinghigh » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:56 pm

I had a really poor impression of K&S NY from my screening interview. The interviewer left before my interview to go get coffee and then came back 15 minutes late for my interview.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:46 am

Bump. Any news? Anyone have an offer there (particularly NY), and when did you hear?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:40 pm

No news in DC. I emailed a LOCI to recruiting and to a partner I met with during my callback. Silence.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:10 pm

I recieved an offer a few weeks ago from King and Spalding ATL, and from talking to the hiring partner there they only give out as many offers as they have spots (so they do not over-offer and expect a percentage to decline). If you haven't heard anything I think that means you are on the waiting list until the firm hears back from the offers they have given out. I would definitely follow up and express your continued interest

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:09 pm

Another bump. Any news from K&S DC?

Return to “Legal Employment”